PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Dealer for repairs in Michigan.

Paul 22
07-13-2013, 09:18 PM
New to the Supra group, looking for a dealer in Michigan who performs quality work.

Jetlink
07-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Can you narrow down the geographic area a little more? You will find that providing more details than being vague and mysterious will yield quicker and more numerous responses. Welcome to the forum!

Paul 22
07-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Realistically I am all over the lower peninsula, any spot that is reputable, honest and quality I would use. I have a place in the north east side of the state, Gaylord area and use the boat also in Traverse City area. I also live south of Detroit so I pretty much visit several lakes I like in several areas of the state. I am looking for someone that would perform routine maintenance in the event I am cramped for time. I usually perform all my oil changes, I have replaced the steering cable also on the supra as well as the winterization. On other boats I have had I have also changed motors, I have never had an inboard, mostly the older style west coast jet boats. Any help would be great and thank you.

DAFF
07-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Compared to the other style boats the inboards are so EZ to work on and much more reliable than the others. Once you have one dialed in they will offer years of service with minimal repairs. What are your concerns at the moment.

Paul 22
07-14-2013, 02:49 PM
I have never changed the transmission oil and want to do it by the fall. Other than that just for a safety measure in the event a repair I can't handle is needed.

jwwalk
07-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I have used Lakeside Marine in Commerce/West Bloomfield for winterization, shrinkwrapping and hoist removal/installation. They seem very reasonably priced. A few friends also have used the company with good results.

Torque
08-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Paul,

We're you in the Michigan Hot Boat association?