PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Cruiser OR Cuddy Cabin In Future

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Is it possible that we will ever see another Cuddy Cabin/Cabin Cruiser again from Supra. I know that it was a sort of one time deal but im guessing now that it would make a great wakeboard boat. Supra also has a great platform to start with too with the Gravity 24 SSV, perfect start right there. I know I would be first in line for one of them for sure. Thanks!!!

Included is a pic of one of the orignal Cuddy cabin / Cabin Cruisers they built. One of 7 ever built.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Anyone out there know or hear if this is a possiblity? Or anyone at Supra wanna leak something?

Thanks

Ryan27r
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I personnally dont think it would make sense. You would nat have very much head room if any at all and most people utilize that area for ballast or more people also

jsantos615
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree with Ryan on several levels, but I too wish Supra would offer a cuddy in the future. I have a 24 V and it is big enough to use as a day cruiser (the thing seats 16 people!). That being said, a cuddy counts as "sleeping quarters" to the IRS. Whether you ever use them are not, having a small porta potty and grill on the boat counts as "toilet facilities" and "cooking facilities" to the IRS. I cannot legally give anyone tax advice (especially since I'm not an accountant), but having "sleeping quarters", "toilet facilities" and "cooking facilities" makes your boat a second home, thus allowing you to write-off the interest on your tax return. Do the math, you can own a nicer boat for less money if you know how to legally take advantage if this tax law.

You can read an article about how and why it works here (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/199197_boatshome11.html) and here (http://www.boatus.com/gov/f3.htm).

Having crawled around the compartments of the 24V, I can confidently say that there is room for both a small bunk and ballast, thanks to Supra's drop keel hull design (big-ups to Supra). Having been a wakeboarder since '91, I think this is a compromise that I could live with. This is because I can't afford two boats and I'd rather not have live with a compromise such as a deep V hulled cuddy with a tower.

just my $.02

-joe

jsantos615
08-23-2006, 03:45 PM
I forgot...

...Anyone remember the Ski Centurion Tsunami? (http://www.waterskimag.com/video.jsp?streamingLink=worldpub_boats2003_centuri on_tsunami)

I always thought that Supra made superior boats. Could you imagine if they made one of these beasts? Then again, there is something to be said about a smaller, more nimble tow boat...

':)'

Cheers -

joe

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the replys, Nice boat from Centurion. Havent heard from any of the boys from yet on a cuddy cabin. And yes a 24SSV is a perfect model to put into the new cuddy cabin.

1988comp
09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
I am not really into these boats, but the guy who thinks a porta potty induces a tax liability is 100% mental paitent.

That doesn't mean shit, it never did, and never will.

To all others, please don't say things if you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

1988comp
09-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Critical element to the article submitted by "MR TAX"

"The Internal Revenue Service rarely bats an eye at questionable cases, nor does it keep track of the lost revenues. "

Well, everyone cheats, do you want to draw attention to yourself the first time you try this on your tax return?

The IRS wouldn't need a porta potty to take a **** on your boat.

jsantos615
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 1988comp

I am not really into these boats, but the guy who thinks a porta potty induces a tax liability is 100% mental paitent.

That doesn't mean shit, it never did, and never will.

To all others, please don't say things if you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I respect that. But why name calling? I thought I was participating in a board with people with a common bond, i.e. Supra Boats, who are fairly courteous to one another. Therefore, why do you deem it necessary to attack people personally? If you disagree with what I have to to say, then more power to you. However, there are ways to disagree with others and not be a dick. On the other hand, this is the same guy that posted "New Supra Boats are only for Retards, Heir's, Rock Stars, Founders of companies that produce operating system software, and Warren Buffet." It looks like he doesn't have to disagree with a point in order to insult people on a board.

From reading the boards, 1988comp obviously knows his stuff, but if I wanted to read petty barbs, I'd find a board that discusses "which is better, 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek'?"

BTW - the "i" comes after the "t" in "patient" and "Heir's" doesn't need an apostrophe.