PDA

View Full Version : 89 supra conbrio. 351w tuneup

Thomasv
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Trying to perform a tuneup on my 351w pcm and would like to know if there is a manual i can look at to find the basics. I need to know gap distance on spark plugs and which distro caps i can order online. I have sooo many other questions but i will start here. My conbrio is open hull and my engine has the 3.5 exhaust. I am curious to know if these engines have impellars or not.

Any and all tips, advice and comments are welcomed. Id also like to know what carb is preferred. Currently have a holley 4bb and want to change it out. I will be searching the forums for threads that i hope already exist. Pics coming soon!

Jetlink
07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Raw water impeller...yes

As for the spark plug gap and timing, check your port side valve cover.

jeffkaasmason
07-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right manual but it is a copy of one that came with my 1992 Supra Sunsport with 351 in it. It says for all Chevrolet and Ford based engines. Pictures are not that great as the copy I have was a copy.

If not the right one it may be handy for others.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83792517/manualPCM.pdf

Thomasv
07-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the posts gents! Reading the manual for some general info now.
I noticed it calls for 2 guage wiring for 6ft+ wiring lengths. I had 2 guage originally and replaced it with 4 guage high performance wiring (normaly used for audio setups). I was wondering if this is causing my boat not to start. Besides the throttle return spring and using a deep cycle battery over the cranking battery this is the only thing i have changed in the setup. I still have my 2 guage so i am going to hook it back up and see if my boat starts.