PDA

View Full Version : Hydro wake plate on a 02 launch ssv 22

sp8race1010
07-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey guys I have read my manual but can't seem to find much info on this.
My wake plate will only go down to 50% and will also not move down while boat is in motion. It will raise up under power but will not lower until I have taken the boat out of gear and stopped moving.
Do any of you guys have any information on this Or the 3 bag hippo ballast system?

Thanks
Andy

99bison
07-18-2013, 11:09 PM
The 50% is probably the gauge thing... The gauge only goes about that far - for this boat the actuators were shortened, hence the they don't have full range of motion.

As far as not moving when underway, do you have enough hydralic fluid in?

sp8race1010
07-18-2013, 11:12 PM
I dunno what is recommended. There is a line in it and it's to the line on the res. anyway to upgrade to a longer throw actuator?

beat taco
07-19-2013, 03:04 AM
So your bow won't raise or lower when you are in motion and trim up and down? Have you watched the bow or the gauge? I am trying to understand how it works only when not underway and rule out that it is not a gauge issue.

My plate moves very little but the effect on how high or low my bow rides is fairly significant. Any pics?

99bison
07-19-2013, 08:22 AM
There's a line on the outside of the pump housing that says full, I believe when the plate is fully "up" - retracted actuator.

You don't want a longer actuator, there's a reason it's the shorter version - to avoid "bow" steer. This is what skiers choices sells new for it.

Like taco said, mine only moves the plate 3/4" or so, but makes fairly big impact in bow up/down.

Google Bennett x-22 trim tab to find manual, etc.

sp8race1010
07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Will get pics today. I can tell when plate is up or down. You can adjust up on the fly but just not down. Ill play with it here in a few, launcher her now

beat taco
07-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Check the pump fluid level. Your pump may be on its way out.