PDA

View Full Version : Switches

jasun
07-18-2013, 10:08 AM
My blower button has to be pushed several times before it stays on... is it a bad switch? has anyone replaced them with a different one?

Also, my horn is on a rocker switch.... ?

SquamInboards
07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Sounds like it's tired. You can get them from skidim.com, just make sure you get the same amperage. Is the horn switch momentary at least? As in, doesn't stay on when you let go?

jasun
07-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Sounds like it's tired. You can get them from skidim.com, just make sure you get the same amperage. Is the horn switch momentary at least? As in, doesn't stay on when you let go?

The horn is no a momentary rocker... lol have to hit it and quit it to get it to stop.

I can use any switch as long as it is the same amperage so I might upgrade in the off season..

Thanks!

SquamInboards
07-18-2013, 03:36 PM
I can use any switch as long as it is the same amperage so I might upgrade in the off season..

Thanks!

Not quite: If you use the push button style that's original to the boat, they have a built in breaker, so you need to match the amperage. If you change the switch to just a regular switch, you should put in a fuse or breaker somewhere in line because that accessory will no longer be independently fused.