PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump 2006 24v

Big Jake
07-19-2013, 02:52 PM
I have a 2006 24 Sunsport. Has three ballast tanks with three switchs on side boat below throttle. Does anyone know how the pumps are supposed to work. I can fill up one of the tanks but cannot empty. Is the pump reversable? Could I have a fuse problem or swtching problem? Thanks.

Zim
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Pumps are not reversible. One pump pumps water to all bags. Each bag has its own drain pump. If you don't hear your drain pumps running, check the fuses under the dash. The ballast systems fuse panel will be under the helm on the port side. Should be 6 fuses... 1 for each drain pump and 1 for each solenoid.

The way your ballast system fills the bags is by a sprinkler valve system. You turn on the pump, and depending which switch you flip, the solenoid opens the sprinkler valve that directs water to the corresponding bag. If you lift your rear center bench seat up, you can see the sprinkler valves. They're gray and will have a black solenoid attached to them. On that solenoid, make sure all the little black "switches" are flipped down (the position that does not say "on"). If your other bags don't fill with those switches flipped, and your fuses are good, you'll probably need to replace the solenoid and/or sprinkler valve. You can find them at home depot or Lowe's.

If your drain pumps don't come on, you'll need to replace those as well. The 800gph tsunami pumps on amazon work great.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.