PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery

Greg Gugger
11-16-2002, 09:34 PM
I have had issues in the past with the upholstery in my Supra boat. I was told I could not use anything other than water to wipe the cushions down with, or the cushions would get hard and crack. However, somethings don't wipe off with just water. What do you suggest when something such as mildew gets on the seats and after a 10 minute wipe down with a lot of elbow grease and wet rag does not do the job? Any ideas?

Brian Raymond
11-16-2002, 11:04 PM
Fantastik spray cleaner is a very good and safe cleaner for your uph. Cleaners with ammonia and bleaches work great, but tend to dry rot the vinyl from the inside out, so by the time you see the hard and cracking uph. it's to late, therefore I highly reccomend not useing them, the factory will not warranty against use of these items. If useing a vinyl protectant, make sure to purchase something that contains no petroleum distillates, such as armorall, read the labels. These products will harden your vinyl also, and leave it slimy when a wet suit sits in it. Brian Raymond

11-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Brian,
I tried Fantastic based on some of your replies to other posted messages. Unfortunately, Fantastic didn't touch the mildew. Do you have any suggestions for getting rid of the mildew. I stored two cushions face to face for about a week and now they are black with mildew. I know that a mild solution of water and bleach will clean them right up but I am hesitant to use after your advice.

Thanks,
Greg