PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pan/Dip Stick and old 1987 PCM 454 engine

Rimas
07-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Need some help!

1987 Supra, Gen IV, PCM 454, old oil pan start rusitng out, have purchased new aluminum pan from PCM but there is no place for dipstick tube to be inserted. Old pan had a triangular entry on the driver side of engine for tube. New pan has no entry. PCM indicates engine should have place for bolt opening and dip stick to be attached straight through engine into oil pan. Cannot locate where does it get attached?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from Southern Maryland!

Moor
07-22-2013, 04:00 PM
I have a 1988 sun sport and a 1987 barefoot nautique, both with the original PCM 454. i dont recall any provisions in the block for a dipstick. im pretty sure its all in the pan. Ill check when i get home from work and let you know what i find.

wotan2525
07-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I've never seen a place in the block for a dipstick on my engine, either.

Also -- since you're pulling the engine and pan, be sure you take a few minutes to do the rear main seal, timing cover gaskets and I'd add a remote oil drain line (I tapped mine into the side of the oil pan after the "T" fitting I originally installed on the bottom was cracked after banging into the hull too many times.)

Moor
07-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Agreed Wotan, This is the time for new gaskets and seals, a little preventative maintenance goes a long way.