PDA

View Full Version : 2008 21V Rear Passenger Ballast only Partially Draining

mgerbos
07-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey Folks,

Got a bit of a ballast pump issue and wanted some advice. All bags fill just fine. The front and rear drivers side bags empty all the way too. The problem is the rear passenger ballast bag. It will drain partially, when I say partially I would say about 2/3 of it will drain jst fine. The problem is that last 1/3. I will manuever the bag around but it will only drain so much. Once it's done it's done, won't drain anymore no matter what. Just seems very strange since it does drain just won't finish. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

jzelt
07-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I always pull the end of the bag higher and higher as it drains to get the last bit, forcing the water toward the drain hose. If you lose suction, you can turn the pump off and on, while pushing down on the bag. That has restarted the drain in the past for me. But keeping the water flowing has always worked.

OneCent
07-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Thank God that your Ballast fills when you like it - the System is a pain in th a**. I have the same problem, well i think i can say: "All have the same problem". Best results, apart from jzelt's advice, i got when i empty the bag when i'm travel back to harbor, wakeplate up and all people in the back.