PDA

View Full Version : 95 Supra labisa cuts out after warmed up.

neillelectric
07-23-2013, 06:25 PM
I have a 1995 supra Gt40 pcm motor that runs great for 20 minutes or so and shuts right down. If I turn the key it starts right back up but seems to be in a nurse mode. Its been in four repair shops with no luck. The last shop said they fixed the problem and asked if I would ride with mechanic and it ran great. Took it to my lake and it lasted about 20 minutes. I'm about ready to fill boat up with wood and have a Viking funeral. LOL:???:

Cusefan78
07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Need a little more info. What did the mechanics do. If I have to guess its fuel related. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed. In my experience when it runs great and dies there is crap in the fuel line and its building up and finally stops the fuel. Then when it dies some of the debris will dislodge and that's why it's nursing. Until it sits for a while and clears itself enough for your next trip. I would check your whole fuel system. See if there is debris in the lines check the tank and the fuel filter. The filter will be on the left side of the motor attached to the stringer.

neillelectric
07-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Need a little more info. What did the mechanics do. If I have to guess its fuel related. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed. In my experience when it runs great and dies there is crap in the fuel line and its building up and finally stops the fuel. Then when it dies some of the debris will dislodge and that's why it's nursing. Until it sits for a while and clears itself enough for your next trip. I would check your whole fuel system. See if there is debris in the lines check the tank and the fuel filter. The filter will be on the left side of the motor attached to the stringer.

I replaced fuel lines. I pulled tank top off to look for debris in tank, and I sent brain out to get checked out. Boat dealers changed coil , removed one of the temp sensors and said that fixed it. Went to lake the Dealer was on and drove around for 30 to 40 minutes. No Problems. Is there a fuel filter other than fuel separator.

Cusefan78
07-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes there is a fuel filter. I'm not near my boat but I believe it's inline next to the motor

neillelectric
07-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes there is a fuel filter. I'm not near my boat but I believe it's inline next to the motor

I will have to look, the boat is up north , so not sure when, would'nt u think the dealer would look for it ? What your telling me makes sense, but when I changed lines, I didn't see a filter. Is it possible the filer is in the low presser pump, I saw this in another forum, but it talked about a different year?

foxriverat
07-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Fuel filter is in canister mounted next to alternator http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb367/foxriverat/thCAW3VBRE.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/foxriverat/media/thCAW3VBRE.jpg.html)

foxriverat
07-27-2013, 09:31 AM
The canister on my 96 was very hard to get apart. Had to take off and put top in vise being carefull not to crush canister upon removal. Also there is a small hose that attaches to filter that you should also replace. If you order from skidim they will know which hose.

neillelectric
07-28-2013, 10:09 AM
The canister on my 96 was very hard to get apart. Had to take off and put top in vise being carefull not to crush canister upon removal. Also there is a small hose that attaches to filter that you should also replace. If you order from skidim they will know which hose.

Thanks, I have a 95 and engine is a little different. I have a line from tank to fuel separator to low pressure pump

Cusefan78
07-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Don't have that filter on my 95 but I know there is a filter there. The marina changed it this year when I had them go through the boat.