PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

92SupraComp
07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello all,

Joined a while ago, asked a few questions about my ski pylon in my 92 Comp last year. Well, have been tinkering with the boat some, I put the pylon back in and now at certain speeds it starts to vibrate. I don't recall it ever doing this before. Is this at all normal? I have already pulled our 3 person tube behind it (only 1 person in) and did some skiing since.

Also, I saw the in 1992 Supra (original Supra) made a few fully composite boats and offered lifetime warranty. Would this happen to apply to my 92 Comp? Those CCFan guys brag about how in 93 CC made ONLY the ski nautique fully composite, didn't know supra did that before them and on more boats! ;) :D

EDIT: Also, would you guys happen to know what the "5000 Series" stands for?

But, my boat is still plenty loud making up for the silence of the CC, and plenty fun, although running time is limited due water conditions and we keep our 89 CC Martinique in full time and only take the Comp out once and a while.

Thanks,
Joe

Know as 89Martinique on CCFan ;)

Ontarion
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I did not see the other post. I have a 96 composite comp and my pylon is snugged down very tight.
It definitely does NOT vibrate and never has. I can pick up some hull vibration at speed with very small chop on the water. Is everything else smooth?

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2