PDA

View Full Version : 2008 21V - Where is the depth and watertemp. sensor placed?

OneCent
07-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Hi

I just lost the data from the sensors - 0C and 1m. I think i lost the sensor or the connection. The Dashboard did not display any Errors.
Does anybody know where the sensors are?

Cheers

OneCent

Cusefan78
07-24-2013, 05:50 PM
My transducer is behind the engine next to the tranny

OneCent
07-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Thanks, will check if mine are at the same position.

jaywidhalm
08-06-2013, 11:47 AM
This is the same unit that the paddlwheel is attached to that goes through the bottom. Simple pin harness at the end of the wires, looks fairly easy to replace. Not sure of cost yet though. I have an 08 Sunsport 22V and my depth guage still reads, but once I am over about 10 feet it reads anywhere between 2.5 and 4.5 feet. Not sure what happened. I am going to try a replacement one this weekend and see if it fixes the issue. According to my local dealer they see this quite a bit.

jaywidhalm
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Onecent, did you get your issue fixed? I just got pricing today...it hurts! About $400 for the tri sensor paddlewheel mechanism that does speed, water temp and depth, which is what our boats have. Since it is only my depth sensor at this point, I think I may be waiting a while...unless someone knows where to get this part for a little less??

jsta281
06-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Similar issue here trying to help out a family member. Boat is a 2008 22SSV. When the boat first goes in the weather the depth and water temp works after some time (10 min) it stops reading and the screen just "defaults" to a constant water depth and temperature, obviously not working.

My first guess is the transducer/sensor. Is this a common diagnostic condition when they start to go bad?