PDA

View Full Version : New Surf Platform & Transom Lights on 07' 22SSV

MXZDrew
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Finally got the boat out for some pictures I had been wanting to take. I wanted to share some of the new surf platform all mounted up on our boat. Also showing the SeaBlaze 3 transom LEDs we just installed as well. Very happy with the lights, they light up the water great and the wake looks pretty sick all lit up as well.

Mobius22
07-25-2013, 03:11 PM
That looks awesome!

MJHKnox
07-25-2013, 09:41 PM
If you have it, post a pic of where you mounted them on the transom.

How much bigger is that new platform?

Have you noticed any changes to the shape of your surf wake?

Mark

Scottysspeedshop
07-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Where did you get the surf platform from ?

OneCent
07-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Does the surf platform make a difference ?

MJHKnox
09-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Does the wake plate block the light? Does not appear so.
Did they get mounted above your exhaust - one on each side?

That looks like a new surf platform from SC. Guessing $900ish

Mark

trayson
09-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Does the surf platform make a difference ?

I can't speak for the OP, but I had an OEM supra platform on my 92 sunsport. We've been working on a custom platform.
See my thread here: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?15710-Custom-Surf-Platform-build

What I found is that my oem platform was digging into my surf wave, especially with the big lip of the OEM platform. We built our own custom design and there is NO more platform in the wave and we have seen an improvement in the push of our wave. So I would say that YES Surf platforms make a difference...

This is just the prototype, covered in spray on undercoating.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/phathomthis/Swim%20Platform/IMG_20130925_205817_386_zps7f7e41dc.jpg

No more platform in the surf wave:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/phathomthis/Swim%20Platform/IMG_20130926_183631_834_zps2ce99595.jpg

See my thread above for a lot more pictures and video.

Ptownkid
09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
MXZDrew...would it be possible to get some dimensions from your platform for me (and the forum). Want to make one from mahogany this winter.

trayson
09-30-2013, 11:57 AM
MXZDrew...would it be possible to get some dimensions from your platform for me (and the forum). Want to make one from mahogany this winter.

Measurements of the Supra/Moomba skiers choice surf platform are: 66" x 29 1/4".

Ptownkid
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Awesome...but i was hoping to gather more details, like the length of the flat segments etc.

trayson
09-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Awesome...but i was hoping to gather more details, like the length of the flat segments etc.

I am sure you can come close with this pic:
http://diamondlakeswatersports.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/platforms.jpg?w=950

I'm sure that someone that just paid well over $1000 for a custom platform is going to be really excited to give you the dimensions so you can copy it for way cheaper! ROFL!!!

Seriously though, why do you really need to copy the Supra one so closely? We took measurements of our platform brackets (because we didn't want to move them), and then took into consideration where the surf wave was hitting the OEM platform, so that gave us the basic idea for what we wanted to do (narrow a smidge and cut the corners). Then we designed it to our preferences.

The biggest factors on a surf platform are that they don't have corners sticking out that would cut into the surf wave and also that it has a smooth bottom that doesn't have a lip that digs into the wave...

Ptownkid
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Well...most people around here are much nicer than that. After being here for a while now, I can't say that I share your cynicism. Beyond that, custom making one out of african mahogany including my time is going to be anything but way cheaper. It's simply going a different route.

The reason that I want to get the dimensions close is pretty simple...because those dimensions are known to work. With a f/t and a p/t job, two young kids and a wife, I don't have the luxury of spending all sorts of time experimenting.

trayson
09-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Well...most people around here are much nicer than that. After being here for a while now, I can't say that I share your cynicism. Beyond that, custom making one out of african mahogany including my time is going to be anything but way cheaper. It's simply going a different route.

The reason that I want to get the dimensions close is pretty simple...because those dimensions are known to work. With a f/t and a p/t job, two young kids and a wife, I don't have the luxury of spending all sorts of time experimenting.

Well you have been here 3+ years vs my half year, but I certainly hope that I've fallen into the "nicer than that" category, LOL. I mean I've given you near instant responses with not only dimensions but also a great top view pic of the platform. I've pretty much done everything but print it out and trace it onto graph paper to extrapolate the measurements. I mean, if you have length and width, then you can print it out and translate that to a "scale" and do simple division/multiplication to get all the numbers you're looking for... You're welcome. :-PPPPP

But hey, I'm at work too and likewise have a family and don't have any graph paper handy! Bahahahaha Let us know how the project progresses. Always interested to see what others are doing.

Ptownkid
09-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I did not say you had not been helpful, hope you did not get that impression. Yes, I can likely get is close with the info posted.

KG's Supra24
09-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Trayson also stole my pic from above ...

... new guys running around here looking like punks pffftt :p :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KG's Supra24
09-30-2013, 09:49 PM
The boat looks sharp and lights look bright. I like those white 10's too.

Are the lights above the water line in those pics?

I've also heard the 900 -1100 range for surf platform.

Any pics of the lights under way?

haugy
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Trayson, What are you going to do with your old platform? DIBS? :D

MXZDrew, nice lights, I was thinking about the SeaBlazes myself. Can we see the pictures at normal exposure level? I'd like to get a real idea of what they really look like in the dark.

trayson
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Trayson, What are you going to do with your old platform? DIBS? :D

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. I guess it depends on how much I could get for it. because when the day comes that I sell the boat, I'd either sell it with the OEM or with the surf, and then sell the other I suppose?? I'll probably just hold onto it for a bit...

trayson
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Trayson also stole my pic from above ...

... new guys running around here looking like punks pffftt :p :D

Yep, that's me... Busting Ptownkid's chops and stirring up trouble!