PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Supra Comp Indmar Assault no power to fuel pump

summit07
07-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I am dealing with a 2002 Supra comp with the throttle bottle injected assault. The boat has a brand new fuel pump and fuel filter. The fuses under the dash are all good visually and have continuity. I have tried putting a new relay in the 3 different spots to put the relay with no success. I have checked my oil pressure sending unit and it acts as its supposed to. My boat does not have the oil pressure switch, but the tan wire with the blue line is ziptied back from the factory it looks like. I do not have a safety leash anywhere, and the boat will turn over. There just is not any power to the fuel pump. I can squirt fuel into the throttle body and the boat will fire right up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

summit07
07-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Update: The reason the fuel pump was not working was simply a fuse in the back of the boat. It was a 15 amp fuse and the pump turned right on. Fuel pressure is spot on, and there is fuel right at the throttle body injection. Starter is good, battery is good, there is spark. The problem is that the boat does not get any fuel. I can take off the spark arrestor, and crank the motor the fuel does not come out the the injectors with the throttle in every postion. Normally they blast fuel/ and the boat runs. Is there a sensor or something that is holding back the injectors on the throttle body from reacting? The injectors are also brand spanking new. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey
07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
So you now have power to the fuel pump but no gas to the injectors? I posted a thread a few months ago on this very subject. I have a 2000 comp assault mpi where the high pressure fuel pump sits on top of an aluminum fitting and the fuel filter directly below it. Is that what you have too? The problem with this set up is the pump can't siphon thru the filter the gas from the tank. There's just not enough suction plus it's vulnerable to vapor lock. What I did is use a second low pressure fuel pump to suction gas from the tank and feed the high pressure fuel pump/ filter assembly. It cost about 200 bucks but I've never had a problem since. Fires up every time and runs all day without any issues. Unless ur pump sits in the gas tank and pushes the fuel (like in a car) you really need two pumps. Carter makes a nice pump with fittings and a bracket that goes on the engine. Hope this helps.