PDA

View Full Version : Driver seat in 2011 21V does not stay in place while driving

blackout_58
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Not sure if anyone has experienced this or not, but I have been having problems with my driver seat dropping whenever I hit almost any size wake/wave. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this happening?

blackout_58
07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey guys, I think I may have found a fix based on a response back from skier's choice:

"Check the cross brace in the seat lift. It may have slipped out of the support. You'll probably have to remove the seat from the riser lift or raise the seat and block it up. Don't stick your hand in there without blocking it... if it falls you may draw back a nub!"

If this works later today, I will let you all know in case you experience it also.

blackout_58
08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
So this may get a little detailed, but I wanted to show everyone the steps to get through in order to fix this.

Step 1: Remove the 4 base screws holding the C-shaped section down:

Step 2: Remove the remaining 6 base screws holding the base down, there are 3 in the front and 3 in the rear. To get to the each set you have to slide the seat in the opposite direction:
3 in the rear, slide the seat forward

3 in the front, slide the seat back

Step 3: After removing the screws and lifting up the seat, I noticed 2 bolts and a nut sitting underneath the chair......missing one nut:

Step 4: I then flipped the driver's seat over so that I can get a better view of where the bolts came from. After actuating the lever and moving the seat up and down I located where the screws originated:

blackout_58
08-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Step 5: After struggling to get the bolt into the hole, I was finally able to manipulate the seat enough to allow me to insert the first screw. I would like to note that while doing this the seat is under a lot of pressure so carefully make the adjustments so as not to lose any digits.

To the right of the spring you can see where the bolt is inserted.
After finally getting the bolt in, I quickly put the not on it to keep it from falling off

Step 6: Attached opposite bolt and nut that was sitting near the base within one of the folds:

Step 7: I also noticed that there were 2 screws that appeared loose and decided to tighten them up to prevent any additional failure:

Step 8: After tightening all 4 screws within the chair, I turned it back over and tested it out....Success!!! Good as new!!

Step 9: See step 2 to return the 6 screws into the base through the metal plate. Then see step 1 to replace the 4 remaining screws into the C-shaped portion and you are all done. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone with a Supra that has the adjustable chair.

villain
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Dang! Killer write up. Will definitely remember if I get any come through the shop.

tstizzle
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
just want to say thanks for this write-up. saved my butt. i experienced the EXACT same problem. the bolts and nuts were lying in the same place, and the other nuts were loose also.

moreover, i removed the back wall (right hand side) inside the ballast compartment. it's where the ballast pumps and electrical distro panel is located. the equipment back there was never even screwed into place. all just hanging there, banging around. looks like someone at supra took a nap on the job...