PDA

View Full Version : Supra La Brisa Interior

LKG-Supra
07-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Probably been asked a thousand times....but here it goes again....lol?!

I picked up a Super Clean 94 La Brisa, boat runs out great except a few cracks here and there on the interior, nothing major, just me being picky and knowing with time it'll get worse. Is there anyone making seat skins or cover kits for replacement of the factory covers. I don't mind actually installing the covers myself if someone has the templates and can cut/sew the kit. Has anyone had theirs done by a shop, and what was the expense of having it done? This boat is in great shape and really want to make it 100%.

Cusefan78
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I have been replacing my seats a few at a time. Just did the back bench cost me $350. Had the observers seat done a few months ago that was 150. Having the two playpen cushions done next. My labrisa has two tone seats. They are white with teal cording. The trick to getting it done cheap if you're doing a few at a time is order enough of the cording color for all the seats you are doing on the first trip. That way you aren't constantly ordering small amounts and wasting material. The upholster told me that and I have been more then happy with the outcome so far. By fall ill have all the cracked upholstery done. Enjoy your labrisa, I couldn't be happier with mine.

LKG-Supra
08-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah....seems to be the way to go, guess it will be off to the interior shop! Thanks!

DAFF
08-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Drop off the whole boat to the interior guy and the price will go up. By piecing the job out the boat is still usable and the interior guy is working on beer money for the weekend rather than a monster restoration....

LKG-Supra
08-05-2013, 10:25 AM
This weekend was the first outing on mine...enjoyed the heck out of it! Not much info on the LaBrisa out there! Mine has the throttle body 5.8 pro boss engine, it performed well the weekend and did just as expected. The boat itself did really well, we are on a pretty rough lake here at Lake Gaston and I was kinda worried about bow rollover with wakes, but other than a few drops we stayed dry. Boat handles like a dream.

LKG-Supra
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
That is so true! I think I'm gonna go back all white on just the seats. Captain, observer, and rear seat. The engine cover and side bolsters are perfect. Have Supra or something embroidered on the back seat, or either cut/sewn with a different color vinyl.

Cusefan78
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Lkg. Into on the labrisa is limited. It was the middle size model when it was available and people either went with the comp or the saltare. I have had my labrisa since April and love it. I'm on a smaller lake that's mostly calm. I have the proboss motor as well with a 4 blade prop. Gets out of the hole in a hurry and does 55 according to GPS. It handles like a dream. Good luck with your labrisa if you have any questions feel free to message me.

LKG-Supra
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Guys...so far I can't complain with the boat. Runs out great, looks good, rides pretty good even in rough water. Over the winter I will have some time to check it out a little better and do everything I want to do for the next season with it, can't believe I found one in this good of condition without spending some major dollars. Its everything I wanted and then some.

Cusefan78
09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah I am thrilled with mine. Kind of sad the season is almost over.

MParsons
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Cusefan78.... you said you did the seats one at a time.... how do the wrap around back rests of the rear seats come off the boat? Thats really the only "TORN" seat in my Labrisa. I may try to remove it? or did you leave it attached and just remove the skin? Thanks!

Cusefan78
09-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Remove the bench, just pulls out. The back is on a glassed sheet of plywood. Once the bench is off the back will slide up, no screws or bolts. The sides have studs that come through the fiberglass and have nuts on the back. You can access them once the back rest is off. While you have the back off I would change out the fuel sending unit to a digital probe style. If I remember correctly is either 8 or 9". If you do a search on here you can get the company that we have all used. Lastly while the back is off tighten down the back grab handle. It's easier to get at with the back rest off. Lastly grease the rudder zirk while everything is open.

Blakelpd5
09-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Damn Cuse, this post is full of awesome info... I take my bench seat back off every time I pull it out of the water, but I was wondering about tightening the grab handle, and fuel sending unit... Nice...

Cusefan78
09-07-2014, 07:55 AM
The sending unit is great. No more bouncing needle. It's very accurate when I got my boat the float kept sticking then bounce all over the place. This one says 3/4 it's 3/4. No more guessing. The sender is from centroid. Just need to measure the tank depth and they will cut you one and calibrate it for you. Drop it in and install the two wires and you're done

MParsons
09-08-2014, 10:41 AM
You da man CuseFan! as for the fuel sending unit, it originally didnt work when i got the boat. I pulled it out of the tank via the access panel in the ski locker. The sending unit was a tube sytle with a float and magnet. This magnet moved through a tube that apparently has a sort of analog circuit board built onto it. This is the "non bouncing" style your referring too right? All i had to do was re attach the magnet and she's working like a charm. As for the rear seat, if i remove the bottom where your butt would go, you slide the back rest up and it comes off? sounds like im going to have to try that out this week!

Cusefan78
09-08-2014, 12:19 PM
No the fuel probe with the magnet bounces the ones we have changed to are a metal rod and goes almost to the bottom and measure accurately and won't have the sloshing bouncing motion on the gauge. Yes the back rest is just a piece of plywood that was glassed and it slides right up. Mine was a tad stubborn the first time I removed it. Had some crud on the back.