PDA

View Full Version : How many drain plugs on a 2008 Supra Launch 22 SSV?

Copper
08-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Hello,

My new to me 2008 Supra Launch 22 SSV was delivered to the marina this week. I went up yesterday to bring up the PFDs, etc. and make sure everything was running OK. I ditched the stock Kenwood and upgraded to a new Clarion with (2) new remotes (cockpit and swim platform) as well.

Apparently it had been raining very hard when the boat was delivered (I have been in Florida until yesterday on a surf trip). While I was wiping down the boat and testing the new stereo etc. I noticed a lot of water in the front hull area where the front ballast resides and the carpet was wet, etc. as well. The marina crew immediately took the boat out of the water (I dry stack it at the marina). We checked and the rear drain plug was in and tight. We also checked every compartment and under the boat to see if there was another drain plug location but did not find another one.

This is my first V-Drive. On my direct drive boats in that I have owned there were (2) drain plugs - one in the center engine compartment and one at the back.

Is there another drain plug that I might be missing that is leaking or is there just the one drain plug in the back of the boat that also serves as the engine compartment drain plug? The marina crew thinks it is just rain water and indicated the boat was delivered during a huge storm. The boat dealer I bought the Supra from is on Lake Lanier about an hour and 45 minutes away from Lake Allatoona. Is it possible to take on a lot of rain water in the timeframe? The boat was not covered. Maybe it was also left out uncovered on the dealer's lot and perhaps on at the marina as well while they upgraded the stereo, etc. We have had constant rain for weeks until today. I wiped everything down and took off the cushions, opened up the rear engine bay and storage lockers along with the hull locker, etc. to air everything out while it is in the dry stack before I use it this weekend. I hope I don't get a lot of mildew and have any issues.

I downloaded the Supra Owner's manual and printed it out. Luckily I had it with me at the Marina but it is very vague about drain plug locations as it covers many models of boats. There was no specific information on the Launch 22 SSV. I thought I would post here before contacting Skier's Choice directly.

Thanks!

Jon
08-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Your 2008 Launch 22SSV only has the one drain plug on the transom. Because of the hull shape of your boat, if there is any water in the bilge it will show up in the middle ballast area. You can tilt the nose of the boat up and it will run back to the bilge pump under the engine or out the drain on the transom.

Enjoy your Supra!

Jon Allen
Customer Service
Skier's Choice, Inc.
865-983-9924 ext. 148
[email protected]

Zim
08-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I have this problem with my 20V as well. I usually have to park on a hill because my jack doesn't raise the nose enough to get the water to drain out the plug hole. Not really a big deal to me, but it does require I keep an eye on the ski locker area since it can get grimy in there. Love the boat besides that, however!

Copper
08-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Thank you very much Jon and for your input as well Mike! Took her out both days this weekend without an issues at all. It was just a LOT of rain water. Now I need to get the wake plate (Trim) fixed as it is not working since the boat was delivered but was working on our test drive. I wonder if there is a fuse or something I should check?

Jon
08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Check the wakeplate breaker under the driver's side dash. There is a plastic covering over the breakers with labels. Remove the plastic covering on the column with the wakeplate on it and make sure the white button on the breaker is pushed in.

Copper
08-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks Jon! I will give this a try this weekend and let you know.

Lavinder
08-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Our wake plate fuse tripped occasionally on our 2007 22SSV for the first couple years. I troubleshooted it but couldn't find a cause. Hasn't tripped the last couple years though.

CornRickey
08-08-2013, 02:23 PM
my drain for the front ballast area gets clogged occasionally. I clean it out by shooting a house through it.

jaywidhalm
08-08-2013, 04:40 PM
I also have a center bilge right behind the ski locker. I have never once gotten any water out of my transom plug because it is so high up. My bilges will run before I can ever get water out of the back. Just fyi...

jzelt
08-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Man, that is a big drain hole, Corn. (I picture shingles being ripped off)...
I am not a big As seen on tv guy, but those sham-wooo's (spelled) do work good for getting the back lockers dry. I lift the bags, put a few down and step on them. Pretty amazing how much it can suck up and wring out. Helps the carpet dry quicker. Also, propping all seats like you said, taking a rag and drying under the front bag as that is where it gets slimy.