PDA

View Full Version : 2008 supra launch tower pads

mew0050
08-02-2013, 09:52 PM
So from what I have read, it is not uncommon for the tower pads to work their way out from between the tower and the gel-coat. Unfortunately I am not a very mechanical person ... how do I go about correcting this as I can imagine pulling from the tower with misaligned tower pads is likely not good for the boat. While it appears I would just loosen the mount screws and reposition, I don't know quite how to access the nuts on the underside (i'm assuming this is what is under the gel-coat of course). Any one gone through this process and/or have pics that can help me repair this issue? Thanks!

ramzak
08-14-2013, 03:11 AM
This happened to me. I removed my tower and replaced it with new pads bought from Rinkers boat World in Houston.

Text me for details as I am rarely on here

Mark 281-610-5017

tg0824SSVGG
08-14-2013, 07:57 AM
I don't have pictures. The nuts you must loosen, as you suggest are hard to get to, this is a 2 person job. I had to remove
the speakers in the center of the boat and reach in from there to get to the nuts. I didn't remove them completely, just loosened
them. One leg at a time. I used an engine lift (like a small crane) to lift the tower leg, but you can use anything that can hold it
up - you don't really need to get very high.

I put some rubber cement on both sides of the rubber pad, let that dry a little then put it in place, lowered the leg and tightened
it all up.

It's not a HARD job, just a hassle.

blackout_58
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
What size socket did you end up using? I want to go in and tighten my tower and due to the limited space, I'm curious as to what length extension you used also?