PDA

View Full Version : 1987 correct craft dominique vs an 86 Saltare Almost

jasun
08-04-2013, 10:10 PM
I was out this morning on Dallas Lake in NE Indiana. It is generally a smaller lake compared to a lot of the lakes that many of you go to... maybe 1 1/2miles long and not very wide. We got out there at about 9 this morning and there was no other boats on the water. We wake boarded for a bit and then parked at the West end of the south side of the lake :
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.549411,-85.418873&spn=0.022675,0.052314&t=m&z=15

again, the lake isnt that big so people are used to people on the lake. I could see a DD boat tearing down the lake pulling a barefoot skier.. it kept coming and coming... we were about 50 yards off the shore line and the boat kept coming and I began to wonder if he was goign to turn between us the shore...

He started to turn but wasnt going around us... He didnt see us and we were right in his path.

I yelled and he saw us at the last second and turned. He was about 3-6 feet from the boat as he turned... the spray from his boat got in ours. The Skier dropped right off the bow our boat and he immediately appologized for the driver (after I said what the F@#%???) The boat was a prestine 87 CC Dominique.. Beautiful teak platform (my gague of how much a boat is loved)...

The driver came back and appologized, said he didnt see us.....

I am pretty sure the skier was the boat owner because he looked pissed and got in the boat and he is the one who drove off in it.

All the work i put into my Salt this winter and summer flashed before my eyes, as well as my life!

It was just a reminder to make sure your driver is paying attention to driving and let the spotter watch.

It was a close call that scared the sh!t out of me

2500HD
08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
I worry about that all the time at the big lakes i go to like lake powell and flaming gorge. When i see a boat bearing down on me i've got one hand on the throttle and ready to punch. I don't trust anyone out there........WAY to many dumbasses. Just glad to hear everything turned ok.

michael hunter
08-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Did he have a spotter?

jasun
08-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Did he have a spotter?

That is the sad part, he did.

jasun
08-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Not the spotters responsibility. This was driver error.

Agree. I was saying it was sad that he had a Spotter and the driver was not paying attention to driving the boat like the driver should be doing. Not being conerned with the person he is pulling (spotters job).