PDA

View Full Version : Pricing a boat for sale

08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a one owner 2003 Direct Drive Supra Launch that I want to sell but, I am unsure how to price it for sale. I have done numerous web searches for like models but, can't find one. I continue to find SSV's and SS that are 21-22 feet in length again none like mine. I have gone to NADA and still don't find the correct matches for my boat. Any help would be great from anyone.

DAFF
08-06-2013, 09:15 PM
18-21K Depending on colour options and condition. Is it a gravity games edition ??

08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
yes DAff, it is the gravity games edition with the 330 HP Indmar perfect pass, dual big bertha ballast front and rear, playpen rad-a cage tower brand new new Kicker KMT-60 tower speakers 10" sub and 6 new kenwood interior speakers dual batteries and much more. I want to get one of the newSA350-550 but, mama says I need to sell this one first. Color is Platinum and silver and it is in great condition. I have it serviced every year and basiclly fix any spider cracks when found. Also, it has never seen the snow during winter.

DAFF
08-06-2013, 09:36 PM
The issue with price is the value of the V drive same era boat is running around 22-26k, so this kinda puts a cap on the pricing of your boat at the lower end of the V drive scale. As for yours I would start around 21500 and go from there. Make sure the picks are high quality ...

Kma4444
08-07-2013, 07:17 AM
You should check on the trade value at your dealer, see what they will offer on trade towards your new desire. If it is close to what you could sell it for t may be worth the loss of aggravation. In GA we save on sales tax as trade in value is deducted from the sales price so no sales taxes on that amount. That can be substantial and make it even more appealing to do a trade. Obviously none of this matters if they don't get close to what you think is fair. But at least you will have an idea what they think it's worth anyway and pricing is local to some extent, less so now that we are a worldwide community but still there are variations.

Good luck.

vvfdfirefighter
08-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a one owner 2003 Direct Drive Supra Launch that I want to sell but, I am unsure how to price it for sale. I have done numerous web searches for like models but, can't find one. I continue to find SSV's and SS that are 21-22 feet in length again none like mine. I have gone to NADA and still don't find the correct matches for my boat. Any help would be great from anyone.

I will be watching this thread as I'm looking for a launch myself. I will add though, most launches I've been looking at around TN, NC, WV, PA and such are going for around 15,000-18,000 with new interior and averaging 330-450 hours with carburated being at tge low ebd and fuel injection more around 17,500 And they are selling quick! So quick, by time I look at it, it's gone hours later. I hate impulse buying otherwise I'd buy one on the spot too ha.

Hope this helps a bit. If your located in the east coast let me know what your price comes out to be. I will tell you, some boats around here for sale, 99-03 launches that advertise tthe 22-26G price tag that nada suggest, they've been sitting for months.

haugy
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Pictures are worth a thousand words..........or dollars. Put up pictures and we can help gauge your boat and what you will be facing.

And hell, it sounds like a nice boat that I want to see just for grins.

comp92
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Lets see some pics!

i feel with all the free advice on here it would be a nice gesture to post on here first:
might be able to sell to a site member and both be happy with sale and purchase!

comp92
08-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Haugy you always have to beat me to the PICS comment...that was close as i did not see your post before posting!

CornRickey
08-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I bought my Ssv last year. There was little comparable boats on the market at the time. it was fully loaded with a ton of gear, every option except docking lights and swing away tongue and better than excellent condition for the high twenties. on paper it was over priced but the condition, history and gear made up for it. So my point is you have to find someone who wants a nice boat and know what there looking at then able to justify the price difference between the v drive and direct. it's my opinion that the dds build in the same years as the vdrives depreciate at greater rate than the vdrives and this is going to lower the final sale price.

vvfdfirefighter
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Lets see some pics!

i feel with all the free advice on here it would be a nice gesture to post on here first:
might be able to sell to a site member and both be happy with sale and purchase!

I concur, probably be able to get her sold here to a loving family!

vvfdfirefighter
08-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Pictures are worth a thousand words..........or dollars. Put up pictures and we can help gauge your boat and what you will be facing.

And hell, it sounds like a nice boat that I want to see just for grins.

As I and Haugy recently found out after looking over a boat for me, pictures can be very deceiving as Well. Make sure not only to post pictures of the best looking parts of the boat, but any cosmetic defects as Well.

08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
As requested, here are some on the water pictures from my trip to Lake of the Ozarks in July 2013 the two with the defcon speakers is from last year.12882, 12883, 12884, 12885, 12886

vvfdfirefighter
08-07-2013, 05:58 PM
As requested, here are some on the water pictures from my trip to Lake of the Ozarks in July 2013 the two with the defcon speakers is from last year.12882, 12883, 12884, 12885, 12886

Definitely a beautiful boat.

08-07-2013, 07:19 PM
My problem is every time I get a cosmetic defect like a stress crack in the gel coat or a little ding in the nose I get it fixed. My wife says it is OCD but, I like to think of it as taking care of business :cool:

vvfdfirefighter
08-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Well that's Just called pride. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I Just know from my own opinion, if I show up to a boat and it's nothing like advertised, I will walk away. Minus small defects from use. I hate walking up on a boat that's neglected without knowing before. However it appears yours is very Well taken care of!

I would suggest when you get a chance, take some good pictures of the upholstery, engine, bilge, ect. Beautiful boat. Sadly I know that boat will be out of my budget ha. Pretty sure from what I've seen listed around, if yours is in near mint condition you should be able to ask 23,000 maybe more. However fall is approaching and tgat does affect and lower the sale price.

DAFF
08-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Hopefully someone on here gets first crack at her. She is a beauty and fully loaded even with docking lights. As a Launch owner which has owned a Ts6m and a Sunsport these boats are truly awesome...

vvfdfirefighter
08-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Did you find a starting price yet?

08-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Not yet but, I am thinking about the 23K starting price as she is in excellent shape and has man extras that I did not mention.

vvfdfirefighter
08-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Not yet but, I am thinking about the 23K starting price as she is in excellent shape and has man extras that I did not mention.

I'd say that's a fair price, wish iI was closer to Colorado.

08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Daff, I posted in the service and repair section about needing to tighten my rear cleats and have not received a response. It looks like you own or, have owned an 03 launch. Any idea if the side back cushions are connected via a bolt or are clips like the rear back seat? I called the Supra dealer in Pueblo, CO but, he could not answer. If you don't know the answer is there some place I can find it by chance?