PDA

View Full Version : Southern labor day weekend

inair
08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
My family is planning an end of summer lake trip to Carters lake, GA over the Labor Day weekend. We were thinking that Carters lake would be a little less crowded for a holiday (fantasy?)

We've had such a great summer but Sept is just around the corner. I know its last minute but check your calenders. Would love to see other Supra families wind the season down with us.

TitanTn
08-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Although I do think it's a fantasy that the lake won't be too crowded, I'll keep this in mind for labor day weekend. I don't know what the "social coordinator" has planned, but we'll make it if we can.

inair
08-10-2013, 01:53 PM
It's a really nice fantasy. It goes like this. "Ive never been there so others will not go there either" :cool: See how easy that is? Now lets do it together....LOL Seriously though, I'm sure there will be a crowd but I bet we can find a place to hang out and play.

michael hunter
08-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Have you tried the north side of Lanier?

haugy
08-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Sounds fun, but since Labor Day will be very close (as in a day or two) of my wife's "labor day", I'm out for sure.

Y'all have fun.

suprasam
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
I have been to Carter's lake.....it's actually not an out of reach fantasy for that lake. It's a great lake, and I was up there I think last Labor day and it wasn't "that" busy. Its not a big lake, but very deep if I remember. There isnt much around the lake, are you guys tent camping or did you get a cabin? I made the mistake of tent camping last year.......UGH at 40 years old in August I need my AC lol getting lazy in my older age I guess.

inair
08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Surasam, I'm with you on the tent camping thing. We were there on non boating business in June and really enjoyed the beauty of the area. We called and reserved a cabin yesterday. I was a little surprised that they had so many open this close to the holiday. We are starting to get psyched!

michael hunter I haven't been to the north end of Lanier. It looks beautiful when I fly over. You've probably been there a lot. Is it as nice as it looks?

Haugy, I'm starting to wonder if you exist. One day I'm hoping to meet some one who can verify your reality :)

inair
08-12-2013, 10:34 AM
ngavdba, I was typing when you were I think. I was looking at it on Google maps. You are right. There is no development around. It looks very pristine. We rented the cabin for Sat and Sun because I'm not 100% on my Mon schedule yet. It would be great to hang out with you guys again!

michael hunter
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I live on the south side near Lanier Island so I don't go north too often . It is a different lake up there the big boats and sail boats are blocked by the bridges. On weekends there is good water to be had all day.

Jetlink
08-12-2013, 04:27 PM
We rented the cabin for Sat and Sun because I'm not 100% on my Mon schedule yet.

The joys of waiting on the scheduling gods to either bless you or damn you to hell for a month...love that just as much as you do I bet!