PDA

View Full Version : New wake plate

villain
08-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Ok, so my factory wake plate was bent from day 1. Came across a wake plate off of a Sanger that the customer wanted changed for bennet tabs. Modified it to fit my Sunsport. Now I have way more movement due to the hinge. Plan on trying it out this Thursday or Friday. While I was putting it on I changed out the drain plug for a screw in style.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/12/y5avase9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/12/5a2unage.jpg

inair
08-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Wow, it looks like a lot more surface area. I will be very interested to see how/if this changes things. What do you primarily do with the boat?

villain
08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Do a little of everything with it. Im excites to try it out.

jet
08-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Any updates??

villain
08-18-2013, 03:23 PM
None so far. Ended up taking out the shop boat for the weekend. Gonna try and head out after work some time this week for an hour or two. Not much riding time left this year. Water is dropping really fast. About 2' a day. At this rate we only have about 50 days left as the average depth right now is around 100'. Has been a shity summer considering I picked up one of my dream boats.

DAFF
08-19-2013, 01:00 AM
In the pic above the rear of the boat will sit much deeper into the water making the wave pop much more than in the neutral position. The only draw back will be running down the lake if you are traveling somewhere, you will feel the boat sitting deeper in the water on plane and pushing more water. For boarding and having fun it will be great.

villain
08-19-2013, 08:09 AM
I have a bennet trim pump that I'm sending away to get fixed. When I'm done it will be all hydraulic.

SquamInboards
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I have a bennet trim pump that I'm sending away to get fixed. When I'm done it will be all hydraulic.

Perfect. Like Daff said, it will improve the wake at boarding speeds but might cause it to porpoise at cruising speed. I took mine off completely as an experiment, and filled the screw holes with caulking. Nice wake at 20 +/- but it porpoised terribly at 25 and up. Hydraulic is ideal.

Zim
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Fyi from someone with an adjustable plate, you'll have to find a good medium with that fixed plate. I have my plate all the way up when surfing or boarding. When cruising, the middle or a little lower keeps me from porpoising. Rough water I have it all the way down to cut through waves.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

trayson
08-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Huh, seeing this thread made me realized that I have a fixed wake plate (no hinge). :-/

I guess I'll add retrofitting an adjustable one onto my future project list...

jasun
08-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Huh, seeing this thread made me realized that I have a fixed wake plate (no hinge). :-/

I guess I'll add retrofitting an adjustable one onto my future project list...

All stock ones are fixed. You can adjust the turn buckles and it will move some. Not as much travel as the hinged one though.