PDA

View Full Version : Where do old supras go to die?? I need a clock

powderjay
08-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Replace my clock with a depth finder and want to switch back to stock and I can't find where I placed my clock some 10 years ago or so...

Jetlink
08-13-2013, 02:35 PM
You talking the old analog sweeping hand clock? I might still have mine though I have to warn you it was broken when I removed it.

powderjay
08-13-2013, 02:47 PM
You talking the old analog sweeping hand clock? I might still have mine though I have to warn you it was broken when I removed it.

That's the one! would prefer one in working condition though.

Jetlink
08-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Are all the other gauges original?

powderjay
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Are all the other gauges original?

Yes they are.

92SupraComp
08-13-2013, 10:44 PM
I replaced my dash with Telefex Amega series, look the same, only have UV resistant glass instead of plastic, love the look, I almost bought the clock, but was $60! So I instead bought a $150 Depth finder lol

haugy
08-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Why do you want the clock back? It only works when you leave the master ignition on, and then it runs down the damn battery. I love my Supra's but that has to be the worst idea ever on these things.

You're on the water, why worry about time.

Jetlink
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Look at you being all proper!

SquamInboards
08-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Why do you want the clock back? It only works when you leave the master ignition on, and then it runs down the damn battery. I love my Supra's but that has to be the worst idea ever on these things.

You're on the water, why worry about time.

You mean the ignition breaker? I leave mine on all the time, and my battery doesn't drain... probably never left the boat for more than maybe 10 consecutive days though. My clock stays pretty accurate for the whole season, usually.

haugy
08-14-2013, 04:16 PM
It used to do that in my old Comp. And for safety I never leave anything powered in the boat. Battery gets switched off.

While it may not be original, a depth gauge (which mine has) is way more handy for my needs.

92SupraComp
08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
My batteries sit all winter and are just fine. My CC has every thing run through main 30A ignition breaker/switch, so I just shut it off. My Comp, I have to unhook the battery, but is fine for spring. Other than that, nothing gets turned off unplugged, etc. And both will be sitting 2 weeks till they get taken out again.

As for the clock, mine broke, was sun baked beyond belief, Texas heat doesn't help. So, put in a Lowrance Depth finder and glued it to the Hull next to prop shaft. Cool little unit.

cadunkle
08-14-2013, 09:15 PM
If you put a clock back in there where will the depth finder go? I still have my original clock, don't recall if it worked or not as adding a depth finder was one of the first things I did. The river changes throughout the season and year to year and is tidal too so can be a bit dicey in places. I'm hanging on to mine in case I ever sell the boat so original stuff goes with it.

SquamInboards
08-17-2013, 02:07 PM
You can get the appropriate size clock that looks very close to original, lots of german cars had them. Search ebay for VDO clock...

92SupraComp
08-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh wait... What year of boat is this? I have the new dash setup where the switches go down each each side of the dash and the gauges are all together below the tach and 2 speedos... For the newer dash you can find a new Teleflex clock pretty easy. But the older VDO, well, they quit production a few years ago :( Thats why I'm a bit anal about covering my dash on the CC, over 800 hours and the gauges look new :D except for the tach, its the only one that faded, any idea how?