PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost Broken Ski Deck.

92SupraComp
08-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Forgot to get pics, will have them the weekend after next though....

Anyway. When my parents bought our Comp, the first owner had backed into something real hard and bent the handle bar, last summer we finally straightened it and re-glassed the broken portion. Fixed 4 stripped screws and all was well till last Saturday (8-10-13). We were doing major tubing with our 3 Person Super Cross tube behind the comp, I was taking my 2nd cousins out for crazy rides, then my dad took me and my 2nd cousins for one the best rides ever. We keep getting a head of the boat after each whip. Then on one turn really crazy turn, the Ski Deck Popped up really funny and stayed. Signaled to stop and took a look. Looking at the back of the boat, the foot of the left bracket on the SKI Deck popped out of the bottom on the Transom mount. Now, when we make turns in our comp, the ski deck has always caught water, well when the foot popped out, that put much more stress on the other 2 brackets remaining, this caused 8 out the 12 screws on the remaining brackets going into the under side of the SKI Deck to get ripped out. Only the 2 screws closet to the boat were left in on each bracket and they are very loose. One of the screw that we had repaired had the head rip off. lol. So, we almost lost the ski deck if it hadn't been for those 4 loose screws staying in place....

Anyone else ruin, almost or did loose their ski deck?