PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Launch SSV Upholstery

nvanzile
08-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey Guys!
I have an 01 Launch SSV, I love the thing, but the seats have seen better days! Anybody out there know any mail order upholstery places that specialize in Supra, with out me having to take the seats out and send the skins away? Thanks alot!

villain
08-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Talk to the boat shops in town. A lot if times a local shop can do a better job for cheaper. You can get them made the way u want also.

beat taco
08-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Your old skins are the only way you can make new ones. By the time the entire interior is done you have about 4,000 separate pieces of your old vinyl. It makes a huge pile that I doubt someone has laying around. You take a skin apart and remake it, one by one, no way could you ever sort it out if you had an entire boats interior cut into pieces in a pile.
Location?

nvanzile
08-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm located in Lake Hopatcong, NJ.

beat taco
08-19-2013, 03:43 PM
You looking to do the whole boat or just some pieces? Were you going to install the skins?

nvanzile
08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm looking to do the whole boat, and planning on installing them myself.

nvanzile
08-20-2013, 08:02 AM
A friend of mine just had it done for his Wakesetter, sent him the model info and didn't have to send skins or anything, but the guy only makes skins for Malibus. I was hoping there was someone out there like that for Supras.

beat taco
08-20-2013, 10:55 AM
There's only one Chee.
You could send them to viper customs. If you remove and re-install it should save you a lot of money. I would price them out. Probably not until December though since they are so busy now.
I would also look for a local shop and price them out too, you should be able to see their work and make sure they are good. Obviously Viper's work is top notch.
Your install of the skins will be key to it looking good too, some heat here and a little extra stretch there can make all the difference on the end result.
If you don't want to end up like me and working through the night in June to have a boat on July 4th rip it out at the end of the season, remove the skins, and start calling shops November/December.