PDA

View Full Version : LKA Slalom Course

96Comp
08-25-2013, 07:46 PM
There's a new course in at Lake Anna, Virginia. Wondering if there's interest in another. I'm willing to help share expense and upkeep.

SupraLaunch21V
08-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Curious on a copule of thing with the course on LKA. Are these permitted courses or sunk? Only b/c I've just put in a course on Jordan Lake 'while' I am gathering the insurance and paperwork to have the Corp of Eng, Wake County, and Wildlife Fish and Game review and approve. I"m excited to see so much interest in local / amatuer courses popping up in NC / VA. If I'm up that way I"ll hit you up if you all go out to run the course if you don't mind. JY

96Comp
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
It would have to be a sunk or removable course. There is an application process, but appears no one with Game and Fisheries knows what it is. Removable is probably the best action, or find a private lake. We live on a golf course with a pond that is perfect! Now if they just had a boat ramp .....

SupraLaunch21V
05-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Brian, I may be up your way in June for a wedding. Slight chance I might be able to sneak out and kick up some water with ya if you were already planning to go out. I'll be up there June 7th and 8th. The wedding is on the 7th but I"m avail early on the 8th. I'll be headed back to Raleigh that evening. Hit me up if you're going out, would love to share some ski stories and hear your tips etc.
John Young
Apex, NC

96Comp
05-17-2014, 05:50 AM
John: Sent you a PM. Love to show you around LKA!

94prostar190
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Is there still a course on Jordan? My wife and I ski there often but haven't seen one.

SupraLaunch21V
07-16-2014, 11:42 AM
There are two courses that are running on Jordan currently, both in Beaver Creek. We can't leave the buoys up since its not permitted but the courses are both sunk. So the set up is basically finding the mainline ( 5 min ) and putting the balls on it ( 10-15 minutes if we have 2 ppl ). If you look on Facebook under Jordan Lake Ski Group you can reach out to us there if you want to ski the course, or you can e mail me directly and I can add you to our weekly distirbution list. [email protected]

I send out an e mail each week letting everyone know the current depths and condition of the lake/course and who will be out there. That way anyone who wants to ski the course can ski it if they don't have the equip or have never set up the course. we usually have 3-4 boats running on teh weekends in the early am or evenings. Hit us up, we'd love to have you join our group. We have peeps from Sanford, Cary, Durham, etc. Good group of peeps. Thanks! John Young, Apex, NC