PDA

View Full Version : Impeller Replacement - 05 Launch SSV

Sluggo
08-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Hello All,

I just picked up an 05 Launch SSV 22 GG, but on it's third time out noticed the temp rising and once it reached 210 decided it was time to shut it down. I pulled it out and checked the intake grates and they were clean. So next is the impeller, but just wanted to get some advise on how you all are getting in that area to change it out. Are you taking the exhaust off? Are you taking the engine cover completely off or just disconnecting the strut and holding it up at a 90 degree angle? I am a little more than a novice replacing impellers, starters, plugs, wires, carbs, on other older inboards, but this is my first vdrive with all the options.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sluggo

08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I just remove the two hoses, remove the three cap screws that holds the pump to the vibration dampener, and then the single bolt that keeps the pump from rotating with the dampener. This way you have the whole pump out and it is a lot easier to work with.

Sluggo
08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The rain just drove me back in and I can't agree more. That definately looks to be the easiest way to work on this thing but I don't seem to have the right size hex. Anyone know what size those are?

Sluggo

08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
5/16" allen for the three pump to pully bolts and 1/4" allen for the bracket bolt.