PDA

View Full Version : 2008 'NanoVinyl' cracking issues?

tonality
09-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi guys, I wanted to get some opinions on here regarding everyone's experience with the new "nanovinyl" they introduced on the 08 Supra models.. I have had quite a few problems with my seats cracking and showing premature age along piping and in the texture zones...I've had 3 or 4 of them replaced under warranty, but of course the warranty is now out and even the ones that have been replaced are already cracking again. Soapy water and (only recently) Babes were all that were used, with an occasional 303 application, and the boat has been kept indoors since i bought it. It's making me sad to look at it and remember how much it cost me to reupholster my entire last boat...but then I remember that job lasted a solid 6 years without a single crack and I just get mad all over again!

I'm mostly just trying to see if I got a unique case or if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks!

-Tony

jaywidhalm
09-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I have not had any cracking issues with mine. I use the equisite cleaner/conditioner and Babes as well. Mine stays inside unless out on the water, so sounds like pretty similar use as yours.

tonality
09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
That's good to know...I'm hoping it's just a fluke, I don't want to regret buying new skins over just doing custom upholstery with better material. Thanks.

I have not had any cracking issues with mine. I use the equisite cleaner/conditioner and Babes as well. Mine stays inside unless out on the water, so sounds like pretty similar use as yours.

michael hunter
09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
What kind of soap were you using?

OneCent
09-05-2013, 07:11 AM
No problem on my 2008 21V with 250h - the vinyl looks very good, wiping with a towel and thats it...

tg0824SSVGG
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Same as Jay on mine - Exquisite and Babes (and occasionally Hula seat cleaner) - I have some wear on the vinyl in obvious wear spots, but no cracks -- knocking on wood.

cigars n scotch
09-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I have an 08 21V and I too haven't had any problems, minus a slight "wrinkle" at the port corner where the rear locker meets the back rest. I've cleaned my vinyl every time out with Boat Bling's Vinyl sauce.

Now I do need to get a cushion fixed where a freaking mouse gnawed on one corner and a small piece of the piping. Infuriates me just thinking about it.