PDA

View Full Version : Any rumours about a Supra Wake System?

OneCent
09-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi

Are there any rumors about a Supra Wake System, like Malibu or CorrectCraft?

Cheers, OneCent

CornRickey
09-05-2013, 09:54 AM
only out own

OneCent
09-27-2013, 10:32 AM
hmm... i like the new SC very much, super nice features ... but for a price in the 100k $ Region, there must be a solution for "fast switching" the Surfwake.

Mobius22
09-27-2013, 04:09 PM
100K is retail so I doubt that's what you would actually pay. As for a surf system, SC knows what they're doing so I'm sure if they do bring something out it will be awesome.

OneCent
09-27-2013, 04:22 PM
well, in my country we pay that price ;-) - anyway, i could wait till 2015 to replace my 21V.. but then, why not a Malibu with SG next year.

OneCent
11-21-2013, 05:11 AM
looks like supra's system is comming (from the forum themalibucrew.com).. maybe something like MC has? Where is the product PDF and the videos from the wake? :-)

James
11-21-2013, 07:57 AM
I think they will officially announce it today.

mapleleaf
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Should be announced today, it's the 21st!!

OneCent
11-21-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.supraboats.com/swell/

Diggs
11-21-2013, 01:12 PM
I am digging it!!! I have been a big 21V guy for years, but this new SA and SC and the surf system SWELL have got me back excited again! I have heard it works great

biggsie
11-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Looks like a pretty simple system to retrofit older boats as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

The boy
11-21-2013, 09:52 PM
well its safe to say I'm not the happiest person in the world right now

biggsie
11-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Wonder if the Moomba gets the same?

CornRickey
11-22-2013, 02:40 AM
wow, five years behind the surf curve and they come up with stout trim tabs..... for shame....diy is the way to go....

I wonder how many days there pr guy had to take off from junior high to make that video.

Diggs
11-22-2013, 12:00 PM
CornRickey
Not to argue or support SC, but yeah I will agree they are behind the curve a bit, but 5 years??? Malibu offered Surfgate on 2013 boats. Nautique offered NSS on 2013 boats. Last I checked it is currently November of 2013.... They may be trim tabs, but functioning different. Look at the way the ram comes in. It is opposite from a standard trim tab and allows the tab to go down 90 degrees. It allows you to form different styles of a wave as well. It also allows for switching from side to side. Not trying to be a Supra Fan Boy, but the reality is it looks like they have come up with a good system and everyone seems to agree. My friends are Malibu, MC, Supra and Nautique owners and everyone feels as if this could be an improvement over other systems, or at worst case, on an equal playing field. I will put the disclaimer that I have not seen it or surfed it, but I have watched lots of videos and talked to several people.... I will check it out tonight and share my opinions.

OneCent
11-22-2013, 04:53 PM
I would love to see how the different 21'er from Supra SC, Malibu VLX, Nautique 210 or G21 with the Surf enhancement System are working, the difference and all the stuff. Who has the $ to buy all 3 boats and compare them? ;-)

dschnei6
11-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm just glad Supra has something. I was happy with the surf tabs on my 2011 Mastercraft, so if it works as well as that system I'll be happy.

2500HD
11-23-2013, 01:09 AM
CornRickey
Not to argue or support SC, but yeah I will agree they are behind the curve a bit, but 5 years??? Malibu offered Surfgate on 2013 boats. Nautique offered NSS on 2013 boats. Last I checked it is currently November of 2013.... They may be trim tabs, but functioning different. Look at the way the ram comes in. It is opposite from a standard trim tab and allows the tab to go down 90 degrees. It allows you to form different styles of a wave as well. It also allows for switching from side to side. Not trying to be a Supra Fan Boy, but the reality is it looks like they have come up with a good system and everyone seems to agree. My friends are Malibu, MC, Supra and Nautique owners and everyone feels as if this could be an improvement over other systems, or at worst case, on an equal playing field. I will put the disclaimer that I have not seen it or surfed it, but I have watched lots of videos and talked to several people.... I will check it out tonight and share my opinions.
Your both off a bit as far as timeline goes.
Until someone can use the system and give us an unbiased user account of how the wave really is i'm not sold.......especially for 100g.
It better be something special for me not to just use the one i made in my back yard!!!!!

trayson
11-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I saw it in person on Friday night and like Diggs said, it's more than just a typical trim tab. Aside from the fact that they can go 90 degrees like Diggs said, they also have a very unique shape vs a typical trim tab. it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. especially since basically anything is a "tab" of some sort. So they have to approach it carefully. Probably smart to focus on shaping rather than delayed convergence in light of the Malibu vs Correct Craft lawsuits.

Here are the two pics I snapped on Friday.

Port:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6x53AYPuk-s/UpJwBQt1pxI/AAAAAAAAPgw/EKbMIHMT3Ws/s800/20131122_205837.jpg

Starboard:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RWmRKjrGdfA/UpJwCuxb1UI/AAAAAAAAPg0/PC4oLD_my4k/s800/20131122_205827.jpg

Diggs
11-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Your both off a bit as far as timeline goes.
Until someone can use the system and give us an unbiased user account of how the wave really is i'm not sold.......especially for 100g.
It better be something special for me not to just use the one i made in my back yard!!!!!

2500HD - You are 100% correct that we really can't judge until we see it work. I am hoping it works. I have watched lots of videos and spoke to a lot of people. I am stoked on it and even put down a deposit on a new SC on Friday night after checking it all out at AWS Evening with the Stars.
As far as the timeline goes above, I am 100% accurate. Malibu introduced Surfgate on their 2013 boats. No 2012 Malibu has surfgate unless it was a prototype or homemade system. Nautique also introduced NSS on their 2013 boats, but did allow for retrofitting on 2012 boats, so you may see some 2012 Nautiques with NSS.

OneCent
11-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Nice - the SC is a real good looking boat - would like to get one too ;-)

CornRickey
11-25-2013, 05:01 PM
yes I'm am assuming and I also believe there is at least a year of r&d into any of these systems prior to offering them on a boat. Probably more like two considering timing of there new model years. The others came out all in a relative same time and SC delivers there's a year after everyone else. So yea maybe 5years is a little critical but 3 isn't. Did I mention the JV video on there official debut of it.

2500HD
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
2500HD - You are 100% correct that we really can't judge until we see it work. I am hoping it works. I have watched lots of videos and spoke to a lot of people. I am stoked on it and even put down a deposit on a new SC on Friday night after checking it all out at AWS Evening with the Stars.
As far as the timeline goes above, I am 100% accurate. Malibu introduced Surfgate on their 2013 boats. No 2012 Malibu has surfgate unless it was a prototype or homemade system. Nautique also introduced NSS on their 2013 boats, but did allow for retrofitting on 2012 boats, so you may see some 2012 Nautiques with NSS.
Very true about the official sales to the public being on the 2013 models.......but they were advertising it as early as june of 2012 and people were getting to try it out that summer as well.

dschnei6
11-27-2013, 09:48 AM
I was happy with the surf tabs on my 2011 Mastercraft, but the Swell system looks like an improvement over the Mastercraft surf tabs. It's nice to see all the boat manufacturers coming out with dedicated wake surf systems. Ten years ago I was surfing on an Inland Surfer Green Room behind my 2000 Air Nautique loaded down with fat sacs. Now I can press a button and pick what kind of wave I want.:) As soon as I can get a Ford engine in a new SC, I will be ordering one.

Supraboy
02-26-2014, 02:22 PM
The dealership I use is largely Mastercraft biased. They have trophies from MC identifying them as the highest selling dealership in the world for 2 years running now. All of the employees wear MC apparel. 1 of the salesmen just ordered a new X30 in January. The entire dealership was asked down to Tennessee to test and compare a number of boats from different manufacturers. Included were the MC X10 & X30, Supra SA450 & SC450, Malibu LSV, Nautique G23, and other offerings from Tige, Centurion, Axis, etc all equipped with their own surf systems. When they returned I made my way to the dealership to ask them their opinions. ALL were blown away by the SC450 with the Swell Surf System. The difference between the skim and barrel waves and being able to change from port to starboard in the amount of time it takes for the surfer to pop over the wake, they said, were game changers. Also, they couldn't believe that the viewing angle barely changes from unloaded cruising to loaded surfing. They said the only boat that came close to putting out the same wake was the G23 but the G23 didn't handle nearly as well and the viewing angle was terrible. The salesman that ordered the X30 tried to cancel his order and put in an order for the SC but was unsuccessful. They had videos, pics, interviews and everyone there was saying the same thing. I am trying to get my hands on all of it to try and post some on here. Once I heard all the ranting and raving, I made the choice to trade in my 2011 Launch 22SSV on a new SC450 with swell. I really don't like ordering boats without trying them out first but I jumped at the chance. I'm really excited for May to come and get on the water!

Diggs
02-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Nice work. Congrats. My new SC with SWELL is supposed to show up out West here over the next couple days.

Supraboy
02-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Will you be getting it in the water anytime soon? If so, please post your impressions and any pics/vids you may get.

Diggs
02-28-2014, 10:54 AM
We will see. Water levels are real high right now and lots of debris in the water. Also, it will probably head to the stereo shop for install. I have had one on the water and it is a great handling boat and wave and wake looked great. Just have not had the opportunity to play with the SWELL. I certainly hope to have it out within a month....

Diggs
02-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Mine just arrived in Portland13746... I spy a SWELL in the back of the boat... should see it and get some pics this afternoon.

Diggs
02-28-2014, 02:09 PM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/tyler97217/20014%20Supra%20SC%20350/Supra_zps3c17f0d3.jpg

trayson
02-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Will you be getting it in the water anytime soon? If so, please post your impressions and any pics/vids you may get.

Screw pictures and videos. Diggs, you better be sending me an invite to go out riding with you. I've got my drysuit, booties, gloves, and a neoprene cap ready and waiting to go!!!!!!!!!!

The Columbia should be fine. Or the Hayden Island Slough by the Port of PDX. :-D

Diggs
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Here is a looksy at the SWELL....

Diggs
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Trayson for sure!

CJD
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm seeing triple wake plates...what other goodies are not so obvious??

Diggs
03-03-2014, 11:11 AM
CJD
Not sure if you read and saw the videos posted earlier in the thread. If not, here you go http://www.supraboats.com/swell/

CJD
03-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Could be my anti-virus...I'm not seeing any videos.