PDA

View Full Version : Engine pictures, Let's see them!

Torque
09-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm planning on putting lipstick on a pig this winter, so I wanted to see what others have done to their engines to make them look the part. Attached is one if my engines from my race car, which I was thinking of making my boat engine resemble, the grubby one is the current boat specimen.1307713078

mabbore
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm planning on putting lipstick on a pig this winter, so I wanted to see what others have done to their engines to make them look the part. Attached is one if my engines from my race car, which I was thinking of making my boat engine resemble, the grubby one is the current boat specimen.1307713078

How do you like your Demon carb. I had one on my 67 mustang 289 (road demon jr.) but could never get it tuned just right.

Torque
09-06-2013, 02:38 PM
The thing about tuning a demon is you basically need to do half of what you would do to a Holley to make it work got you. Also, you have to tune with a vacuum gauge in order to get the adjustable air bleeds right for your combo.

We made 15 extra hp on the dyno with the Demon over the Holley. They are a pain, but when they work, they work great.

92SupraComp
09-06-2013, 06:31 PM
PCM 5.8L HO Pro Boss Pro Tec Ignition, 285 HP. Still has original Holley 4010 and Pro Tec Ignition. Missing GT40P Heads, my dad was doing some real good power slides....
Dual 3.5" IN/OUT Marine Muffler, Silent Rider, "Quiets The Competition" Is Hollow! Boat heard over 2 miles away! :D:D:D:D

Torque
09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I like loud! I've not herd my boat from shore, but some folks on the sand bar told me it sounded tough. It really isn't though. Lol

92SupraComp
09-06-2013, 09:59 PM
You would like mine! It has a deepish sound to it, kinda tries imitate a big block :P Its fun hearing it take off and taking off from peoples docks...
Because my parents have had this boat so long, everyone knows who it is :) When we got the CC in Fall 2010, Summer 2011 we scared the hell out of a good bit of our friends. We would just be at their place without making any noise. That has a Centek Invertaflow Silencer in it. QUIET!