PDA

View Full Version : 1985 supra sunsport 3year sit

Jesse
09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Hello everyone, I recently signed up for the forum to find a supra to purchase. I ended up finding a 1985 supra sunsport on oddles, even thou I dint find a boat on the forum I did discover the loads of helpfulness everyone had for each other.

My question is...
The sunsport has been sitting for 3 years was properly winrersized they family just got into atving and horses so there was no longer time for the boat. What steps should I take, in order to get the boat in the water. I was planning on syphoning gas and changing fuel filiter and was debating on oil and tranny change. The oil was changed before it took its 3year squat. Umm let me know what ya'll think and if you need more info thanks!!

CornRickey
09-08-2013, 11:32 AM
pull the plugs and oil the cylinders let it sit for a day and then crank it over by hand with the plugs out verifying its not seized. I'd change out the oil. I'd also do what your talking with the fuel. If your able to drain the fuel bowls I'd do that also before the jets get clogged. Make sure you have good and large fire extinguisher when you fire it up. It might be worth pulling the block plugs to verify that it was winterized. congrats on the purchase

Jesse
09-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Awesome thanks for the info. Dint think about the bowls on the carb.

The motor moumts look great and wherever I could reach a stringer felt soilid. I am going to remove the floor to install and ballast system so ill be able to check the rest of the stringers
then but if they arnt soft or obviously if they don't look rotten does this mean they are still good, or is their zome magical way to figuring out if they are good or not?

I was also currious if anyone has raised their floor like 2-4" before