PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of the bags

Legace
09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
In an effort to create some traffic on this board i would like to ask this question...Would you rather have the hard tanks or do you like the ability to upgrade the size of the bags. What would you change?

wpg89supra
09-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I have a 600# and a 90# brick. Like the idea of being able to move things around.

Am looking for 2-300# bags one on either side of the engine will be able to get more weight to the front of the boat.

lowdrag
09-09-2006, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't trade the bags for hard tanks for anything. Unless they could mount the tanks under the floor someplace where they didn't take up any space. The bags are easy to upgrade which is a plus. On top of that, if there were hard tanks in the spaces they have the bags now you'd be out a lot of storage space. They way it's set up now, I can store one pair of skis, two kneeboards and four wakeboards with the bags empty and still have plenty of room left over. Out on the lake, the wakeboards go in the racks. All I have to do is shift the kneeboards around a little and can still run full ballast without having a bunch of stuff lying in the way on the boat. Being able to store all my boards and toys in compartments is a big plus since I don't have to take them out of the boat and put them in the truck while I'm pulling the boat.

The only things I'd change would be to the pumps. I'd like to see a fill pump that was a little quicker and one that would prime itself a little better to eliminate the need to have the boat on plane a lot of times to get it started. Same thing for the pumps to empty the bags. I'd like to see them not get airlocked as much. I'm constantly having to turn them off and then on to get them pumping again.

One other minor thing. Make the gravity games bags available as an option on more boats. Plenty of people swap the front bag to the rear, buy another one like it and the front GG bag. It would be nice to be able to save the money and just order the boat that way.