PDA

View Full Version : 08 24 SSV Bad tranny or vdrive? Need help

Hoff4052
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Was out on the lake today and everything was going fine. My surfer fell and I went back to pick him up I put it in reverse to slow down but got nothing. No forward no reverse. Motor runs fine but the normal knock noise that happens when it goes in gear no longer happens. If you try and put it in gear and give it gas you can hear something spinning up but never gets the knock like its going in gear. Fluids are fine and the boat only has about 250 hrs on it. The vdrive light has always been on at idle but always goes off once you start to move. Other then that no warning lights. Luckily I have the same diagnostic software the dealers have but have not hooked it up yet. I don't think it is going to tell me anything though. Anyone have any ideas?

CornRickey
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM
your certain the linkage is physically shifting the tranni into gear and is the sound different if you leave it in neutral and give it throttle?

Hoff4052
09-15-2013, 11:04 PM
your certain the linkage is physically shifting the tranni into gear and is the sound different if you leave it in neutral and give it throttle?

Well to be honest I didnt try the neutral approach to see. Is there a way to verify the linkage idea out of the water? If so what and where am I looking? I saw the linkage for the throttle moving so I assume its fairly close by.

CornRickey
09-15-2013, 11:52 PM
it doesn't show it in the manual and I'm watching the Hawks kick the Niners but so can't go out and look but I think it's too the right of the dip stick. you can run it on a fake lake but either have someone spray water on the strut or don't let it spin to long dry.