PDA

View Full Version : Maybe another supra

Cusefan78
09-27-2013, 07:23 AM
So this is the time of year when I start thinking about what I'm adding or upgrading at my cottage next year. I have caught the supra bug. This year I purchased my first inboard. I was a little worried about it but after putt h it in the water for the first time I knew I made the right choice. I bought a 95 labrisa and have been tinkering around with it all year. I really couldn't be happier with it. So here is my question. I'm thinking about adding another boat. Deciding on getting a newer fishing boat but I'm really young with the idea of buying a comp. is there much of a difference in handling, performance, and wake size then what my labrisa has. If I did add another supra it would have to be fuel injected. I'm never going back to carbs. Any recommendations on years and also is there enough of a difference between a comp and labrisa to make a difference. Thanks everyone for all your help this year.

jasun
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
What do you use the Labrisa for and what do you plan to use the Comp for?

haugy
09-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Personally I love the Comp. Probably my most favorite Supra ever. But, your LaBrisa is not going to be too different from the Comp. The comp will be lighter and handle a little bit more aggressively and tight. But your LaBrisa is in the same class range. It wouldn't be like some of us in Saltares going to a Comp. That is like driving a Rolls Royce Silver Spur and then driving a McLaren F1. NIGHT AND DAY.

What is your motivation for wanting a Comp? Cost? Size? Just sheer sexy appeal, because they are nice to look at for sure. But if you wanted another Supra, you might want to look at the bigger ones. Then you'll see a difference and probably appreciate your LaBrisa more. While I'm not the biggest fan of the LaBrisa due to looks, it still has the same power plant and general design of a Comp. Just a little heavier and open bow. But it still can move really well.

You might want to look at the Composite Pirata someone posted. Great boat, all composite, fuel injected, and BIG.

Cusefan78
09-27-2013, 11:42 AM
I use my labrisa mainly for skiing and tiling around the lake.

I saw that pirata. That's a beautiful boat. How do they ride. Do they handle a little rougher water better then my labrisa? Rough for my lake are 15" waves and those days are few and far between.

crystal waters
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
have owned a comp , now a conbrio. Played with a Labrisa for several days a number of years ago. From a wake point of view the Labrisa is extremely close.
The comp handles more like it is on rails and of course looks like a snake in the water! I consider your Labrisa a damn fine boat!

Cusefan78
09-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I love my labrisa. I'm going to add something else like a pirata or do a 180 and get a new fishing boat or pontoon boat.

jasun
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
I have never been in a comp or one of that class, but I love the way my Salt handles for a big boat. If I am going fast and not pulling anything, it turns pretty flat for being a big fatty...

I love the room it has. I pulled another memeber on here who has a Rider and he loved the wake it threw with no ballast or messing with the wake plate. It handles chop very well but you still can get the spray. For what I use it for, I love it! The Pirata is just the closed bow Salt, so I would assume it would also drive well for being such a big boat. Gogger would be a good one to talk to if you are interested in it!