PDA

View Full Version : Trick skiing

96Comp
09-30-2013, 08:23 AM
I posted a WTB trick ski because after seeing this, it looks likea lot of fun, especially behind a competition tow boat , i.e. the DD we know and love. Anyone else trick ski? How did yo learn and what tricks do you do? How does it compare (if at all) to wakeboarding?

I want to try it before winter. Here at Lake Anna, the discharge from the reactor keeps the water warm. I mean we all glow, but thats the price of all winter skiing!

chrisk
10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
I learned in college, and it's nothing like wake boarding... at all.

The way you balance, turn, spin, etc. is all different. I enjoy it quite a bit because it's generally a lower-impact sport than slalom or wakeboarding. So I'm more encouraged to try things knowing that not much can go wrong.

In my opinion, it's a very old school sport that refuses to die, but that's because it's still fun!

Blackntan90
10-11-2013, 08:07 PM
I got a set of old, short O'Brien skis off Craigslist that I think are trick skis. I have been wanting to try them all summer, but have not had a chance. There is no fin, and the bindings are shot but I can replace the bindings for about $100. I will dig them out and post pic's. I would also like to try the 'Sit -ski' I have seen in a couple of catalogs. Talk about low impact!