PDA

View Full Version : MORE than a little sad today!

tg0824SSVGG
10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Supposed to get down to the mid 20's tomorrow night (74 as I write this) - had to winterize the Supra tonight.
(maybe not for the last time!)

Was at Lake Powell last week - water in the mid 70's ... was a blast.

This time of year is depressing.

Jetlink
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
We should start a "support" thread for people like Todd and Kevin up in Stevens Point.

"Hi, I'm Ben, and I have to winterize this weekend."

villain
10-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi, I'm jeff... And I have been winterizing boats all week. It has become more than a once a year thing for me. Just wasn't enough. I now winterize boats for other people. Kinda like a winterization mercenary. I do people's dirty work for a nominal fee. Lol

villain
10-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Sometime this week I will put together a how to for a comp. complete with crappy pics. all other classic supras should be the same.

wotan2525
10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't need a support thread.... yet. My water temp has actually gone UP! Was 56 last week and now it's 62. Wahoooo!

Jetlink
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Sometime this week I will put together a how to for a comp. complete with crappy pics. all other classic supras should be the same.

Winterizing my comp is down to a science...takes me about an hour from the time I start pulling fluids until I have the new oil and trans fluid in and circulated, motor fogged and block drained. Helps when you have a wife that is not afraid to get dirty and knows her way around the engine too!

Wotan, there is a place just south of here where you can ride well into October and sometimes into November I think. Water temp stays warm due to it being a cooling "pond" for the power plant there. The water is too warm during the summer but early spring and late fall it is about perfect from what I hear.

wolff
10-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes it is Clinton Lake (Clinton, IL) Power Station lake. only thing you got to watch is the close the hot water output area to boat traffic durring the winter. I do not know when they close it but they open it back up i think April 1st.

Torque
10-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Please do. I need to get this done here as well.

michael hunter
10-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Yes it is Clinton Lake (Clinton, IL) Power Station lake. only thing you got to watch is the close the hot water output area to boat traffic durring the winter. I do not know when they close it but they open it back up i think April 1st.

Clintons warm side is open from April 1 till October 15. Who can expect 80 plus water now . The water will get over 100 degrees on the warm side in the summer. It has a very good state park with camping and a good ramp. I don't want to brag but Lanier water is still about 80 and the air temp will be in the mid 80s this weekend.

Moor
10-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi, im Mike. I haven't winterized yet, but i think about it all day long.... I told my GF that we cant hang out this weekend cuz ill be busy winterizing.

Moor
10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Got room for a house mate for the winter dan? The ONLY good thing about pulling the boat and winterizing is now ill finally have the time to do all the things to the boat that i didnt have time to this summer because i was too busy enjoying it

Jetlink
10-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi, I'm Daniel. I noticed there are two threads with lots of sad people and that's depressing. Cheer up fellas! It's not cold everywhere. Ok, good talk guys!

If I am not mistaken, while it might not get cold everywhere, there are places where it rains like the rain forest.:p

kvand347
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi y'all, you know me...Kevin from Stevens Point. While I have not winterized yet, I was planning a fall ride with friends tomorrow and the forecast says it will be raining. Grrrr!

I do see some upper 60's for next week so there is hope! I don't winterize until we consistently get in the 20's. I do drain the water after each use this time of year just in case.

trayson
10-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi y'all, you know me...Kevin from Stevens Point. While I have not winterized yet, I was planning a fall ride with friends tomorrow and the forecast says it will be raining. Grrrr!

I do see some upper 60's for next week so there is hope! I don't winterize until we consistently get in the 20's. I do drain the water after each use this time of year just in case.

Weekend's looking okay...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Lv8tDIJZ1pU/Uk8iJsiqvLI/AAAAAAAAPHg/0LtIaAdTWzY/s800/weather.jpg

BTW, I'm cheating on my Supra after work today to go surfing on a B52 V3 team edition...

2500HD
10-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi, my names jeff and i think i'm done.
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a494/2500hd1/IMAG0398_zps007a0eed.jpg

Jetlink
10-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi, my names jeff and i think i'm done.

Heard something on the order of a foot of snow so far out there up on the mountain. Fact or wishful marketing?

2500HD
10-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately they aren't lying this time. That was a foot of snow that was on my truck. At lower elevations it will melt but it may be here to stay up high.

Moor
10-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes, hence the full pool at all the lakes in October. 85 degrees today. Sunny, not a cloud in sight. Water temp around 78 degrees. I'll take rain over cold any day of the week.
Walking out door to garage to hitch up the baby. Ya'll enjoy that snow.

I'll start getting the lynch mobb together now. HD go brush that snow off the truck and grab the pitch fork. It's time for a road trip.

Seriously I can't complain. My boat is still tied up to my dock, and the weather will be in the 60's-70 all next week. Very rare for upstate New York weather. My boarding season my be over but I'll get a few more hours of run time before it turns into the frozen tundra

2500HD
10-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I'll start getting the lynch mobb together now. HD go brush that snow off the truck and grab the pitch fork. It's time for a road trip.
Pitchfork? I got better weapons than that!

Blackntan90
10-06-2013, 10:49 AM
We cannot go to our regular 2 boating access areas because of this damn government shutdown! A couple of really nice weeks of summer is upon us and this crap is really making me mad! If only I knew someone from the other side of the river, in West Virginia with a ramp- they can still access the water. We need to go into a federal park on the Maryland side to get access to the ramps. Time to look at a longer commute to work, I need to move soon! I guess I should just winterize now, and do all those little things I have been meaning to do...

Jetlink
10-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, my summer vacation has finally ended. Winterized both boats and both jet skis yesterday as I return to work Wednesday. Already cannot wait for next spring to arrive though this winter will be nice to look for a new ski and some new boat gear as well.

trayson
10-07-2013, 12:05 PM
This guy's season is officially ended... We didn't see it happen, but we arrived at the ramp to see 2 tow trucks and the carnage. I guess the driver jack-knifed hard and it screwed up his SUV bad (enough to require a tow and I think it had broken out windows) and if you look closely, he now has a BREAKAWAY tongue on the trailer!!!!!!!!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XvrD6PjHLZ4/UlLWMgPKtKI/AAAAAAAAPK0/MHe1pBDjrWk/s800/20131006_130427.jpg

Moor
10-08-2013, 10:23 AM

any luck with the winterization list villain? im curious to see what the pro's do, and this is my first winterization with this boat so a little reminder wont hurt. I can't imagine its much different than winterizing a C.C.

tg0824SSVGG
10-08-2013, 10:21 PM
What REALLY makes me sad? it's been in the upper 70's since I had to winterize (which is why said I winterized for maybe the FIRST time).

Indian summer rocks - it's beautiful weather-wise, but the freeze always kills the gardens and the boating.

kvand347
10-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Packed mine full of fresh oil, trans fluid, and RV anti-freeze yesterday. Done until next year...

wotan2525
10-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Wakesurfing yesterday. Water temp was 55F. It actually wasn't that bad until you were out of the water and the sun had gone down. Bad news though -- dropped my GoPro in 40ft of water. :(

trayson
10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Wakesurfing yesterday. Water temp was 55F. It actually wasn't that bad until you were out of the water and the sun had gone down. Bad news though -- dropped my GoPro in 40ft of water. :(

any chance of recovering? I'd be getting my scuba diving buddy out there!!!!!!!!!!

wotan2525
10-14-2013, 01:58 PM
any chance of recovering? I'd be getting my scuba diving buddy out there!!!!!!!!!!

Our river has zero visibility. They never recover/find anyone in it until they float to the surface. The chances of finding a GoPro down there is pretty slim although if I dove myself, I'd probably head down and start feeling around.

trayson
10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Our river has zero visibility. They never recover/find anyone in it until they float to the surface. The chances of finding a GoPro down there is pretty slim although if I dove myself, I'd probably head down and start feeling around.

I dive. But I don't have any of my own gear other than goggles really. So I'd probably blow more money renting gear and wasting my time than the gopro is worth.

On a side note, I always bring my snorkel and dive goggles with me on the boat. Makes is a zillion times easier to check the prop and to untangle a ski rope from the propshaft!!! (don't ask me how I know)

Cusefan78
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Losing a gopro stinks. I lost mine last year cliff diving. The mount broke when I hit the water. I'm lucky enough to have dive gear so finding it wasn't bad. I went out and bought the floaty for my camera