PDA

View Full Version : Windsheild Delight...

92SupraComp
10-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Well, my dad just received an email from the windshield place in FL. $4,000.00 A SIDE! Insurance will only cover up to $7,000. Wow, what a shock...

haugy
10-05-2013, 09:51 PM
WHOA!!!! What happened? $4,000 a side? HOLY SHIT! For that I'd look at molded composite LEXAN. Dear lord man I'm speechless.

I knew that our windshields were pricey, but wow. Make sense I guess when you think about a large molded piece of glass like that, but still. OUCH.

92SupraComp
10-05-2013, 10:36 PM
It was broken as we were un-tieing from a flotilla with our friends. The rub rail on a 1965 Ownes Excel juts out pretty far and is right level with the top line of our windshield when both sitting next to each other. You add a jerk in an i/o going at biggest wake possible with whole lake open and no other boats really but had to go right next to 5 boats all tied up, and well yeah, as their boat was going down, ours was going up, and this is the result...

We have USAA, they have been very good, but the boat is only valued at $7,000. So, they will only cover $7000.

Sadly, we can only get the one side done. :(
House windows and front door are being replaced, dad needs a new car (and I need his old one lol), getting both boat engine hoods reupholstered, and cushions from the Supra reupholstered... Yeah, many other things that need attention and more importantly $$$$. Thank heavens my parents are wise with spending money, when ever we are tight, we just cut back and take it easy. Before we know it, we're fine. :smile:
Forgot to add. The lexan from the same company is like $900 a side...