PDA

View Full Version : Carpet colors

dkelly4819
10-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on black carpet? I think it would look great, but I've been told it gets very hot and could actually damage the fiberglass below it due to the heat. I have trouble believing it gets that much hotter than the dark grey I see everywhere, but I really have no idea so I'm asking for opinions.

chrisk
10-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Doubt it could damage the fiberglass. Maybe uncomfortable on your feet? But most of the time the carpet is in shade, one way or another, except for the one time during the day when the sun is straight above you.

beat taco
10-08-2013, 01:30 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/09/4y2yte2e.jpg

Very hot! You want to wet your feet on the swim deck before walking on it after it's been sitting in the direct sun or it hurts. Much hotter then dark gray.

biggsie
10-08-2013, 02:23 PM
X2 on the showing dirt. Unless you have an onboard vacuum cleaner!

dkelly4819
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Guys, thanks for the input. I never considered the cleanliness issue; definitely something to consider. I'll let you all know later this fall what direction I decided to go.

dkelly4819
11-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Well, I dropped off my boat with Donnie Bennett today and he agreed with you guys that I should stay away from the black carpet. I decided to go with a dark grey, ash I believe it's called. He's got a whole laundry list of things to fix, and I can't wait to see the final result come March!

dkelly4819
01-18-2014, 11:07 AM
1364913650Stopped by Bennett's this week to check progress and it is looking great! Found a few unexpected adds, like a fuel line that was going bad and blower fans on their last legs, but better to address them now than need to pull everything apart later on to get to them. Here are a few photos.1364713648

inair
02-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey dkelly some how I missed this. judging by the date of your last post the boat must be done by now? Had my boat done by Bennett's last year can''t say enough good things about the work he does. Any pics of the finished boat? I see you are in the ATL area. What lake do you spend most of your time at? Maybe we will see you on the water this summer.

dkelly4819
02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Actually, I picked it up Saturday! Of course, most of the money spent was on things you can't see - stringers deck, rudder assembly, steering cable, fuel line & filter, hoses, blowers, bilge pump, 2nd battery, switches/circuit breakers, etc. He did wet sand the exterior and put on new graphics, which I think look fantastic. I ordered a new bimini from Monster tower yesterday and then it's the tower speakers and stereo upgrade. After that, I should be done for a while. I am at Allatoona, right near Red Top Mtn. State Park, at Allatoona Yacht Club. Speaking of Donnie, I can't say enough about him and his business. Extremely professional, he always kept me informed on what was happening, very fair with his prices, a real pleasure to do business with. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

TitanTn
02-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Looks great dkelly. I only had Donnie do some wet sanding for me, but I know he's done work on a lot of boats in this forum. Hopefully you can come up to Chattanooga for the Southern Supra Reunion this year. We definitely need to see that in person!