PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida's new Supra/Moomba Dealership

Geary101
10-19-2013, 03:13 PM
I promised a bunch of you that I would publish how this was transpiring and or resolved.

It is over

the owner of this dealership decided that he would send out a technician to my home to take care of my wiring complaints.

Indeed he did!

The technicians name is Luis Sanabria.

I'm telling you - if you ever have wiring problems with your boat, you need to have this guy work on it. He is a true professional. Awesome guy.

Very friendly, customer oriented, very focused on your complaints, does not listen to hearsay from the dealership and he doesn't quit until you are 100% satisfied.

Like I told him when he was done working on my boat: "If you were cuter, I'd kiss you"!

I finally have my boat operating the way it was before the service

Anyone happen to know where Rob Alderman (Watersports of Central Florida) now works?

michael hunter
10-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Did you get rid of the Moomba?

Geary101
10-19-2013, 03:52 PM
No. I still love my boat.

However, the next boat will have a guy with a Moomba Roo tattoo driving something else.

michael hunter
10-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Sounds like your past has come back to bite you. You used to post some interesting and knowledgeable information. You have burned a lot of bridges I hope you can mend some of them in time.

Geary101
10-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, I suppose I have not only burned some bridges, I have blown them up to smithereens.

But ya know Mike...it is unfortunate, but sometimes that is exactly what it takes to make things right.

docdrs
10-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Really not sure what all this is about. Some factual background would be nice if anyone is to learn anything

Geary101
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Really not sure what all this is about. Some factual background would be nice if anyone is to learn anything

Doc, this thread was directed towards the Central Florida folks. They have acknowledged and have learned that the new Moomba dealer in our area has a great tech well versed in wiring.

feel free to delete this thread if you wish.

Tell Zabooda one of me says hello, but I'm not sure which one.

michael hunter
10-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I for one know very well how things can get out of control on the forums. I also know that its never a good thing to crap where you sleep. Sometimes its best to let it go a few days before launching that nuke. The best part of this forum is the freedom members have to express their opinions good or bad . From reading your post it looks like the dealer handled it poorly until you posted it in the forums. I think it wasn't so much what you wrote as much as how you wrote it that caused their reaction. I'm glad you got it all worked out its too bad it had to go that far. Your opinions,questions,stories and information are welcome here just keep the nukes locked up and you will be all right.

Geary101
10-22-2013, 05:33 AM
After thinking about some of the questions that the tech asked me while he was re-wiring my boat, yesterday I started doing a little research.

Not sure if it is the same way with Supra's,

but for whatever reason... the Skiers Choice designers decided to change the ignition switch and how it is wired for one year and one year only.

The evidence is in the downloadable boat manuals.

I got that one year.

It is now my opinion that the dealer was not made aware of this change, and that is why someone assumed there was no power to dash and re-wired my boat to operate like other model years.

So...to help someone learn something...if you have a 2009 model, and your ignition has the "ACC" mode that controls power to the dash (except for blower which is "hot" all the time) make sure your service guy fully understands this.

Page 39 of the 2009 Moomba manual shows the ignition with the ACC.

and for the record - I happen to like having the boat wired to the ACC position, why was this only done for one year?? Buyers get a huge deal?