PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story About Winterization!

nd4spd
10-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Today I was spraying lay-up lubricant into my cylinders. In a bit (a lot) of bad luck, while doing the cylinder which as near bottom-dead-center, the straw popped off the can. Before I could lift my finger off the can the grease pushed the straw completely into the cylinder. Ten seconds later it starting raining. Talk about frustration.

I got it out. But man, was I ever pissed.

Cusefan78
10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
That happened to me a few years ago on my baja. Man what a pain it was trying to get it. Finally bumped the key a few times to get the straw up so I could get it with a pair of needle nose.

nd4spd
10-21-2013, 11:33 PM
I did pretty much the same thing.....rotated the crank by hand and used a small hook to pull the straw out.

jasun
10-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I did the same thing but with tissue trying to find the compression stroke... too small of piece and it sucked it right in...

wotan2525
10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I probably would have sworn for a few minutes and then just left it. a little plastic bit like that isn't going to wreck anything.

haugy
10-23-2013, 09:25 AM
I probably would have sworn for a few minutes and then just left it. a little plastic bit like that isn't going to wreck anything.

Negative ghostrider. It would probably melt and can get down along the cylinder wall and wreak havoc on your rings.

This is why I electrical tape my straw to the can head. Only takes a little bit, but is good insurance.

ditchsnake
10-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Thank you I'll remember that trick
Negative ghostrider. It would probably melt and can get down along the cylinder wall and wreak havoc on your rings.

This is why I electrical tape my straw to the can head. Only takes a little bit, but is good insurance.

nd4spd
10-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Not to mention that the melted plastic will likely foul the plug.

Forever more I will be taping the straws onto the can.