PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on supra launch

James
10-29-2013, 12:38 AM
http://louisville.craigslist.org/boa/4147319130.html
It caught my attention today and looks like a great deal for somebody. I bet he would even take less.

James
10-29-2013, 07:55 AM
I wonder if vvfdfirefighter is still looking.

haugy
10-29-2013, 09:20 AM
My guess is scam.

Ptownkid
10-29-2013, 07:06 PM
And it's not a launch...it has a monster tower.

DAFF
10-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Might be legit.... Late in the season with a contact number. Worth a shot at a

James
10-30-2013, 01:00 AM
If you look carefully it looks like the old mount for the factory tower is still there just maybe shaved off or something. I gave the guy a call today and left a msg. Not that I need another boat or anything. It's just not like the typical scams on Craigslist. Usually they don't list a number and often list an email address. And it's not a really crazy unbelievable good deal just a really good deal. I think it's legit but he probably already has it sold.

vvfdfirefighter
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
If you look carefully it looks like the old mount for the factory tower is still there just maybe shaved off or something. I gave the guy a call today and left a msg. Not that I need another boat or anything. It's just not like the typical scams on Craigslist. Usually they don't list a number and often list an email address. And it's not a really crazy unbelievable good deal just a really good deal. I think it's legit but he probably already has it sold.

James,

Did you ever hear back from him...Haughy just texted me telling me about this one!

Robbie

vvfdfirefighter
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Anybody that has information on a good supra Launch or equivalent can definitely send me an email....

[email protected]

I'm in Saudi Arabia right now but I'm still looking. I'm in the Virginia Beach area, and am willing, for a good boat, to travel around 500 miles or so.

Robbie

wish2345
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
what does a 1999 supra launch usually go for? Id think this would be a good deal where you could buy and have fun and sell for profit

vvfdfirefighter
11-12-2013, 05:58 PM
This launch has lots of cracks!!! Not much to be made off it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II through Tapatalk

Ptownkid
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Define and describe cracks.

wish2345
11-13-2013, 09:35 AM
This launch has lots of cracks!!! Not much to be made off it

have you seen this boat in person?

vvfdfirefighter
11-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Sorry guys, I'm deployed so I'm not on here a lot. When I say cracks, I mean it has good cracks all along the rub rail. It's definitely been used and abused. Few of them look more thank cosmetic too. I'll try to find the email with pictures. I just deleted them all off my phone

vvfdfirefighter
11-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't know why it won't let me upload any more. I'll try again in a few. I email this guy and he was very short on conversation. Doesn't know gotta and says it runs like a champ. I do not believe this however if I were to judge it from the outside. But it still could be a decent boat for someone...just don't think it's what I want. I have an 87 Marauder beast with a 454 in it that would blow this boat out of the water looks wise and performance wise, besides needing new upholstery and probably running wise.

vvfdfirefighter
11-13-2013, 12:30 PM
More

vvfdfirefighter
11-13-2013, 12:33 PM
It would be a good starter boat for someone

Cusefan78
11-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Wow that tower beat the crap out of the gelcoat. Whoever installed that didn't do something right.

DAFF
11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Wow that tower beat the crap out of the gelcoat. Whoever installed that didn't do something right.

The owner pulled beached 42' Chris Craft off a sand bar......JK

For the price its a good start up boat. I think the cracks are much easier to fix than rotten stringers. Needs some love but a EFI composite for cheap are tough to find.

vvfdfirefighter
11-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah they are but that motor looks ran through hard!!! It's definitely seen better days. I might look into it more when I get back in February, if he still has it. Wouldn't be bad to just joy ride it. Tower looks hideous on it though

Cusefan78
11-14-2013, 05:46 PM
That motor has more rust on it then my 95. Was it sitting under water for a year.