PDA

View Full Version : Factory Speaker Setup, help needed

taft
10-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I have an '06 Supra with what looks like audio package F (Tower Speakers & Light Bar with Sub and 4 Channel Amp) but also with a 2 channel amp. This setup was put together by the dealer and showcased at a boatshow, so I'm guessing others have this as well.

Anyway, Im running into problems with my setup and need to know how Supra sets our systems up in order to troubleshoot.
Can anyone tell me:
What runs off the 2 channel amp
What runs off the 4 channel amp
Does anything run directly off the deck

So in total i believe its 4 tower speakers, 6 floor speakers and a Sub. What i'm guessing is the tower runs off the 4 channel and the sub off the 2 channel. But i'm not sure about the floor speakers.

If you can provide anymore detailed information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

lowdrag
10-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't know how your boat is wired but I can help you figure it out. Turn the stereo on and then go through the menu options. You'll find one that is AMP MUTE. Turn the amp mute to on and that will shut off any speakers that happen to be running off of the deck. To find out what is running off of the amps, leave the stereo on and unplug the RCA cable to each one of the amps seperately. Obviously, the speakers that shut off when you unplug the RCA will be the ones hooked up to that amp.

taft
10-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Thanks lowdrag, i'll check it out.

And i remember the floor speakers turning off when i turned amp mute on. Isnt it a bit much to have 6 speakers running off of the deck when higher volumes are wanted?

lowdrag
10-23-2006, 12:15 AM
True, it is. Works fine at normal volumes though. When I turn up the music for wakeboarding, I hit the amp mute and just run the towers and my sub. Loud enough for the rider to hear, but still bearable sitting in the boat. New interior speakers and a decent amp to drive them are probably the easiest way to drastically improve the stereo.

REB
11-04-2006, 09:47 PM
First how many speaker do you have on the boat?

If you have two amps one that is 2 output and one that is 4 output, then you are running through the amps.

Next do you have tower speakers? If so, how many 2 or 4? If 2 then the 2 output amp is running the two tower speakers and the 4 output amp is running the other four speakers inside the boat.

Can you get to the amps? If so, then just disconnect the speakers while the stereo is on. This will determine what speaker is wired to which amp.