PDA

View Full Version : Fogging Oil

Smitty75
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Quick question about fogging oil. Is it necessary to spray fogging oil directly into each cylinder through the spark plug hole, or is just spraying into the throttle body good enough. I always thought that spraying into the throttle body would coat each cylinder without the need to remove each spark plug and get individually. Thanks for the help.

92SupraComp
11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I have done anything to my engines but put stabil in the gas and drain them. None of this fogging and anti freeze or any of that...

Obviously spraying into each cylinder individually will be better. Because you have to get the fog through the entire intake manifold before you start coating the cylinders...

michael hunter
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
When I lived in the north I sprayed it down the carb on my 89 . My 08 MPI has Catalytic converters so I didn't use any fogging oil in it.
Now since we live in Georgia I don't use it at all since the down time is only about 2 months. I would not pull the plugs just to fog it the more you mess with things the better chance you have to cause problems.

biggsie
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
If you spray it long enough while the engine is running it will start to smoke out the exhaust. Then you know the fog reached the combustion chamber. Personally I think it's "snake oil" but I'm sure it can't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Cusefan78
11-03-2013, 09:09 PM
If it's fuel injected I have been told pcm doesn't recommend spraying oil into the intake. Does something to the sensors. Pull the plugs if it's fi if it's carbed spray away.