PDA

View Full Version : Slalom skiing behind 2004 Launch SS

Powderhound
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how the Launch SS does for slalom? I currently have a 1990 comp but discovered that motor mounts are loose, so rotten stringers. Not up for fixing so looking to buy something bigger with tower but still primarily for slalom skiing. Not for course, only open water but still want best wake possible + increased size room. Person looking for me says that the Launch SS (2004), is different than the Launch in that it's based on the Santerra hull. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I have the 2000 launch hull which blows for skiing. I couldn't imagine a 2004 being that much different. Although I've never riden behind one so I'm no help.

Diggs
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
James
The Launch and the Launch SS are two totally different hulls. Anyone know if the SS is any better for skiing compared to the Launch?
I know some folks have them, but you just don't see the SS as much
My understanding was the SS was the old Santera and then later became the SSV once they turned it into a VDrive???
The regular Launch (non SS) was more designed off the old Sunsport and later was the basis for the 21V once it became a Vdrive.