PDA

View Full Version : 87 Saltare

texas scarecrow
11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I have an 87 Saltare project boat that I've sadly never gotten around to finishing. I have 4k invested in the boat and newer style trailer.
I bought the boat with a blown head and a rotten floor. I removed the 454 motor, split the hull and removed all the foam and that is how the project still sits.
the boat only had 285 original hours on it. The interior looks pretty good all the foam is good and the vinal only has a few cracks (one seat needs new vianl).
I was sold the boat with reports of a blown head and this was confirmed by a machine shop where I took the motor.
The trailer is a dual axel magnum trailer with hydo brakes.
The This is a great project boat with most of the dirty work done or could be used for parts
Hereare the pics from when the project got started.
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?9636-Baby-Blue-Saltare-Project

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?9877-Saltare-rebuild-I-HATE-FOAM!!!

$2000

bens250ex
11-11-2013, 05:29 PM
so the engine is blown as well?

James
11-11-2013, 08:31 PM
If you still have it in the spring I want it. I wanna do a full vdrive conversion on a saltare. Just am tied down with other projects now and don't have space in the garage.

haugy
11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Can we get current pictures please? Those are 2 years old. I need current pictures of how it sits now. What all is out of the boat currently? (Engine?)

And the engine has a blown head correct?

Where is the boat located?

texas scarecrow
11-18-2013, 11:39 AM
It will be a few weeks before I can get current pictures, the boat is at the ranch, will post as soon as I can get them.

The boat is in pieces. The hull is split/ but set back together on the trailer all the foam is removed and it's ready for new stringers. The interior parts and pieces are in my garage and still in good condition. There is normal wear on the seats for 285 hrs of use and the only pieces that need to be re done are the back storage door vinyl is fine but needs new lumber as old lumber is rotted. (the back platform area that opens to store skis and jackets). Also the captain love seat needs to be reupholstered. The motor has been tore down and analyzed by a machine shop. All that is wrong with motor is 1 head. I got a quote to rebuild both heads at a cost of $300.