PDA

View Full Version : 89 Mariah

88Mars
10-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey all...i'm looking at an 89 Mariah. It looks to be in great shape. A beaut' for sure. Interior is perfect, sits on a tandem axe trailor. I love the fact that its an open bow. I currently own an 88 Ski Nautique 2001. Was originally going to but a comp but it was bought out from underneath me so I ended up with the 2001.

How would this boat handle the course? I ski into 32off but am not a tourney skier. Just for fun!

I'm not sure of the hours but I was going to see what a good ball park price would be for this boat?!

I would love to have an open bow and then xtra room. Love the looks of Supras!

Thanks everyone!

riveredge
10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Check NADA guides online, there's a boat section that has values like Kelley Blue Book for boats. I would think if the engine is in good service, along with good overall condition, 7-8k would be a fair price. The trailer adds value of course, not included in the NADA, usually. A boat of that age should be checked thoroughly for stringer rot, floor rot. Hard to say more than that without seeing it. On the other stuff, if it's anything like my '89 Bravura (21'), the wake is pretty hard (sends me for a good bounce crossing it) at slalom skiing speeds. Everyone who's skied behind my boat says the same thing. I like skiing behind the 2001's better than my boat. Wakeboarding - the wake is great! It would certainly pull you, but I think the Nautique wake, or a smaller supra, is better for slalom. Supra is a better boat overall, so it depends what you want. If you're selling the 2001, I'm always looking for boats... let me know how much and also, where are you located? Good luck, and happy shopping!

vintner
11-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I have an 88 and like it a lot. I prefer to ski behind my friends Nautiques and Malibu comp boats but I have ripped it up behind the Mairah also. My buddy with a 2001 Nautique said the wake was fine and that was skiing butter one morning. When I'm at the lake with a course, it's usually with my family and the conditions aren't that great and my wife isn't so hot in the course so that's hard to judge. I paid around 8-9000 last year (would have to look that up).

I believe that up to a point in skiing ability, any decent inboard will do fine. At a certain level though, the better and smaller boats do make a big differenence. I think it depends on ability really. Since I stopped breaking at the waist and skiing more west coast style, I really don't notice the wake effect as much as i used to. I do believe that at some point it will become more of an issue as I continue to improve. Others may completely disagree with what I just said though.[/quote]