PDA

View Full Version : 1990 tournament parts out for 1985 ts6m?

gutley
11-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Hi all;

Let's me start off by saying that I've already started working on my boat project due to rotten stringers.. Bummer that I had to find out hard way after buying it and taking it out first time... Then I find out that the bolts holding the engine bracket to stringer was easily unscrewed out with my fingers. Water coming out as I pressed my finger into bolt holes... One thing after another.. I end up having to replace all stringers.. It's my 2nd years now working on the 1985 ts6m .. Due to fact I don't have garage!! :-(

Anyhow the stringer project is almost done.. foam already been poured in some spots...

Previous owner had the boat seat, fabric, engine cover, and carpet redone. However, the quality workmanship building into woods part of seats and engine cover was crappy and speaker were cuts in different location with new panel covering original speaker hole.. In fact, some had been recut twice!!!... I guess the previous owner measure once and cut twice.

To my luck.. I saw online a bang up 1990 tournament hull, but interior look good, engine, and tranny are good. I thought I could just take the upper hull part and drop onto my 1985 ts6m hull. Even the engine look to be cleaner than mine.. My concern is that, are the body interchangeable? Is tournament based on ts6m body? All I can figured out is that 1990 tournament is 1" wider and have fiberglass hull while the 1985 ts6m have shorter width and kelver /fiberglass hull. I could also use the dashboard and gauges from it as well. I'd figure it'd be cheaper to buy whole then the sum of it parts. I can always sell the rest once I'm done and decide I can part with it.

gutley
11-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Any advice?!

bens250ex
11-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Any advice?!

post a pic of the boat. its probably a comp, so yes its possible they would swaps.

chris young
11-30-2013, 06:17 PM
I would say switching caps is probably not a good idea on 2 boats made 5 years apart. If all the dimensions were the same, it might be worth a shot but when we're talking an inch I think you could end up tearing your hair out for the sake of a few holes. I think I'd be more inclined to patch the holes in some creative manner if that's your only concern. You could of course buy it and transfer the bulk of the interior which would probably be pretty easy, but I think swapping caps could become a huge headache unless you knew they came from the same moulds.

gutley
12-01-2013, 01:09 AM
post a pic of the boat. its probably a comp, so yes its possible they would swaps.

Looking at NADA for 1990.. I couldn't find any "Tournament" listing. I assumed Supra must have relabel it as Tournament on ts6m body.

2500HD
12-01-2013, 10:52 AM
http://collegestation.craigslist.org/boa/4172859414.html
could be a comp or an impulse

bens250ex
12-01-2013, 10:57 AM
deff a first so no one is going to say it will for sure fit. That looks like a comp hard to tell with the small pic. I don't remember supra making another tournament style boat till 93/94 so more than likely it is a comp

DAFF
12-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Many have talked about placing a Combrio cap on a Comp in the past. I would take a few detailed measurements and go from there. Since the Comp/TS6M had such a long run I bet little changed, my case and point the Classic composite with the square windshield.

gutley
12-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Many have talked about placing a Combrio cap on a Comp in the past. I would take a few detailed measurements and go from there. Since the Comp/TS6M had such a long run I bet little changed, my case and point the Classic composite with the square windshield.

Thanks for the feedback guys!...

I haven't made contact with the owner of damaged hull yet. My wife wanted to wait till after Xmas season over and so forth so on.. Hopefully after that it'll still be there and I'll be able a trip and do measurement to check on fitting.

DAFF
12-02-2013, 12:36 AM
It might be a good idea to bring your boat in tow with you. This way you can compare side to side and look for any minor differences while shopping. Yes it will involve two trips but when you leave you will know 99% if the plan will work out or not..