PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Supra Southern Reunion

gogger
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone thought about dates for next years Southern Reunion? I need to turn in my Vacation Survey for next year. Want to make sure I can stay for the entire event.

TitanTn
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I hadn't thought about it yet, but it's a good suggestion to get some dates out there. I'll work up some date options and get them posted for feedback.

TitanTn
12-04-2013, 10:57 PM
So it's all a wild guess at this point, but here are some date suggestions. If you have an inkling that you might make it this summer, please respond and let me know your date preferences in order. If you'd like to be reminded of last year's event, here's where the thread starts with the photos. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?14385-Sign-up-TODAY-for-the-2013-Southern-Supra-Reunion/page11&highlight=southern+reunion

June 13-15
June 27-29
July 11-13

ckracing
12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Where was this held last year?
Any thoughts on making it a traveling reunion? A different location each year?
I vote Lake Cumberland.

gogger
12-05-2013, 06:33 AM
July 11-13. Or june 13 -15 the other june date I am busy. And traveling is fine with me since I am coming from Ohio anyways

TitanTn
12-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Where was this held last year?
Any thoughts on making it a traveling reunion? A different location each year?
I vote Lake Cumberland.

It was held in Chattanooga, TN the last two years. It's a central location directly off the interstate that people can easily get to from either north or south. But I'm certainly up for trying different locations, especially if it doesn't hurt the attendance. Once I get a little more input on dates, I'll put up a survey on the final date and location options.

inair
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM
So far I think any of those dates can work for us but its still really over the schedule horizon. It was awesome to look back at the pictures. And as far as travel, If Gogger can come all the way from Ohio I think we can be open to a little travel :cool:

ckracing
12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Ok - Chattanooga is cool. For some reason I thought it was in Georgia. Chattanooga is 5.5 hours from my home lake vs. 3.5 hours to Lake Cumberland. Norris Lake could be considered also.
Just trying to offer up centrally located - great bodies of water with ample accommodations and dining.
I'd like to make this happen, but it's all driven by the calendar and other in place commitments.

gogger
12-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes I several pics hanging on the wall in my living room from years reunion. They can't be seen here any more. lol won't mention why. Hopefully the banned individual will be in attendance.

I enjoyed where it was, but would consider other lakes as well. 13605

gogger
12-05-2013, 08:56 PM

TitanTn
12-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks for pics Gogger. I really enjoyed having your crew at the reunion last year. Since the reunion is about the enjoyment of Supra boats, and is not conditional on forum membership or participation, our friend who no longer participates on this board and the related admin will both be striving to attend again.

gogger
12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Thats good to hear. Looking forward to it, obviously since I started the thread asking about it.

vvfdfirefighter
12-12-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm definitely interested in joining up this year. Might, just might, have two boats to bring. I also need to put my 2014 leave requests in by the 28 Dec. So I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. It will be good to get out after a long deployment....Tn is a long haul from Virginia Beach but we'll see.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II through Tapatalk

TitanTn
12-12-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm definitely interested in joining up this year. Might, just might, have two boats to bring. I also need to put my 2014 leave requests in by the 28 Dec. So I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. It will be good to get out after a long deployment....Tn is a long haul from Virginia Beach but we'll see.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II through Tapatalk

We'd love to have you join the group. It's great to meet the people of this forum in person.

Aaron187
12-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Dale Hallow...

haugy
12-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd lean towards June since the wakeboard tournament / Party I go to every year up here (Wakefest) is typically in July. But they won't announce the date until the PWT tour dates are released in February.

Besides, none of you buggers ever show up. I went to the one last year and not one of you lazy wackos showed up. I'm not coming anymore if y'all don't start showing up.

suprasam
12-13-2013, 01:03 PM
HA, Haugy.....is your skirt on to tight again? Don't make threats of not showing up.....when you know your gonna show up anyway. I might show up this year, and I don't even own a Supra anymore (looking for project).

TitanTn
12-13-2013, 02:54 PM
HA, Haugy.....is your skirt on to tight again? Don't make threats of not showing up.....when you know your gonna show up anyway. I might show up this year, and I don't even own a Supra anymore (looking for project).

Get him Sam! Although I think he might be poking fun at himself since he's right up the road from Chattanooga and hasn't shown up himself to any of our events. But seriously, I hope you can make it as well this year.

suprasam
12-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Since I live fairly close I am going to try and make it this year. Although I no longer have my Supra......I will bring my Renken 210 so I am sure I will hear crap from everyone but I'll get over it. HA. It's mid December, and I am already for the water. I am a little sad to say, last night I was in my boat changing the trickle charger to my other battery, and I sat down in the Captain seat, opened a beer and enjoyed the relaxing sitting in my boat! Although I was in my heated garage....It still felt nice. Ha.

haugy
12-13-2013, 05:48 PM

It has been getting a little snug. I think my hips are getting bigger.

MJHKnox
12-14-2013, 11:51 AM
How about Knoxville? Loudon and Tellico Lakes.

Get Supra or the local dealer to show up with a 2014 boat to demo the new wake system.

Mark

gogger
12-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I like the idea of a dealer showing up with a boat to demo. Sounds like fun. Hopefully your there again MJH. I am sure Casey wants to surf behind your boat again!

TitanTn
12-18-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm still going to figuring out the location, but it looks like the best date for most is the July 11 - 13.

gogger
01-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Well I turned in my Vacation requests. I think I have all three weekends covered just in case. I have the whole week around the July date covered. Now that the holidays are over we can get the plans rolling. Big holiday coming up at the end of the month though, my birthday. Going to be 50. This is the year I get up on the wake board. I bought a fitbit and have changed my habits at work. I now am walking a lot more. Most days over 20,000 steps plus I climb about 60 flights of stairs. I have lost about 20 pounds and plan on losing a lot more. Easier to watch my diet now that the holiday meals are gone.

TitanTn
01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Way to go Scott! Keep it up. I'm trying to lose a few also in preparation of summer. For the past two weeks I've had a combination of flu and pneumonia so I've been losing weight, but not in the preferred way.

I got up on a board for the first time last summer and hope to get a little better at it this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMpIIwRLLA

gogger
01-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Congrats hopefully we will be boarding together soon!

csuggs
01-04-2014, 11:15 PM
You guys are about to inspire me to lose weight too!

Scott, I hope your time off in July will include a trip to Parkersburg on the 28th!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gogger
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I will put the 28th on the calender. And I will let my spotter know that we will be going on that date.

haugy
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
If the reunion is July 11-13 then I should be good to go. Rumor has it the big event I go to each year is July 25-27. Hopefully I'll know more soon.

TitanTn
01-13-2014, 06:34 PM
... then I should be good to go...

Ahh now, you're just teasing us. I've heard this before!

cadunkle
01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
What are the dates or has it not been decided yet? I'd like to try to make it but cannot commit just yet. Also what lake and where are others staying for the weekend? July I'm usually in Maine for 2-3 weeks at the lake house so it depends on where that falls this year. Would be a long haul NJ to TN to ME a few days later. Sounds like a fun event and surely a good group of people.

TitanTn
01-14-2014, 10:20 PM
What are the dates or has it not been decided yet? I'd like to try to make it but cannot commit just yet. Also what lake and where are others staying for the weekend? July I'm usually in Maine for 2-3 weeks at the lake house so it depends on where that falls this year. Would be a long haul NJ to TN to ME a few days later. Sounds like a fun event and surely a good group of people.

We'd love to have you down, but yeah, that's a long haul. The date is July 11 - 13, but we haven't completely settled on a location yet. It's looking like it might be Harrison Bay again. Here is the location: http://goo.gl/maps/OFwfh

The one thing I can promise is that we have a great time and it is a GREAT group of people.

inair
01-15-2014, 09:12 AM
My family really enjoyed Harrison Bay last year. We rented an RV and camped there. It is a very nice park with easy access to the boat ramps and dinning options. So I'll vote for a return visit if that is going to be one of the options. The only thing they need to work on up there is rain control :) If they got that dialed in I bet we could get some of the other Georgians that lurk here to join us.

gogger
01-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Hotels are nearby also. Looking forward to this years event. Hopefully our deleted friend is lurking and going to be there. One of my favorite t-shirts is the one from the event last year.

TitanTn
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
It sounds to me like we'll have at least the same group as last year with some new ones already talking about coming. So hopefully we'll just keep growing the event.

If you've come before, please put it in your calendars but also encourage others to join. The more we have the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gogger
01-20-2014, 09:12 PM
We will be there. Casey will be coming along as well. I will be talking to some supra owners locally to see if I can interest anyone else in going. We took the whole week off so we might try to hit some other places along the way or if anyone is interested in going earlier we might spend the whole week there.

TitanTn
01-20-2014, 10:27 PM
We will be there. Casey will be coming along as well. I will be talking to some supra owners locally to see if I can interest anyone else in going. We took the whole week off so we might try to hit some other places along the way or if anyone is interested in going earlier we might spend the whole week there.

Very nice. Glad Casey is coming back also. If you are here earlier I'll be sure to hook up with you as I can.

inair
01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
"if anyone is interested in going earlier we might spend the whole week there." Now that's what I call enthusiasm! I like it :) I don't know if I can pull off the whole week but we will definitely be there for at least the week-end. Love that spirit gogger.

Loadup
01-20-2014, 10:46 PM
I been gone a while, glad dates are set. So tired of the cold wet weather ready for a change.

inair
01-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Yesterday afternoon on my way home we flew right over eastern Chattanooga and had a great view of Lake Chickamauga and Harrison Bay park. The sun was out and it was toasty warm on the flight deck. I had a great vision of summer and great times on the water. I am sooo ready!

TitanTn
02-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Yesterday afternoon on my way home we flew right over eastern Chattanooga and had a great view of Lake Chickamauga and Harrison Bay park. The sun was out and it was toasty warm on the flight deck. I had a great vision of summer and great times on the water. I am sooo ready!

I agree Ken. I'm done with this cold weather. I'll be making a new post soon with all the details and the sign up for the event. From what I'm hearing, this will be the biggest event yet.

michael hunter
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm still on the fence without knowing how work will be this year. All I can say is I will be there if I can. I will also say there is no way I will Miss it if Haugy shows up.

TitanTn
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm still on the fence without knowing how work will be this year. All I can say is I will be there if I can. I will also say there is no way I will Miss it if Haugy shows up.

Well I hope the work thing is overcome-able because we'd like to have you back AND I just spoke to Haugy last night. He's definitely planning on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gogger
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I am also very tired of winter. Sent a banned friend a pic of my truck thermometer earlier this week is was at -17. Coldest temps this winter that I can remember since I was a kid. Seems we had a cold winter in the late seventies.

Wind was blowing the snow around so much the boat was covered in it even under the lean to of the barn. Hope to build a barn just for it soon.

Loadup
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Went to the boat show here in Chatt. last weekend and man what alot of bells and whistles I don't have. The Supra dealer here had an SA and SC on display but no 242. He is really wanting to know the whens and where after I told him what kinda boats we got showing up. Also one of the SC dudes is planning on being in town for it.

TitanTn
02-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Went to the boat show here in Chatt. last weekend and man what alot of bells and whistles I don't have. The Supra dealer here had an SA and SC on display but no 242. He is really wanting to know the whens and where after I told him what kinda boats we got showing up. Also one of the SC dudes is planning on being in town for it.

Sounds great Bill. I'll call you about getting these guys connected.

haugy
02-06-2014, 06:35 PM

Great, no pressure. I've already been threatened with kidnapping, banning, public shaming, if I miss. :D :D

TitanTn
02-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Great, no pressure. I've already been threatened with kidnapping, banning, public shaming, if I miss. :D :D

Don't forget the financial penalty! We'll hit you with everything!

haugy
02-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Don't forget the financial penalty! We'll hit you with everything!

pffffffttt ha ha ha that doesn't phase me I'm poor. :D

gogger
03-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Just thought I would give it a bump up. Looking forward to the trip.

I had been on third shift for 15 years, been on first for 3, thought maybe I should go back, did and can't stand it. So I hope to bid back on my old job next week when the bids come down. Thought I would be able to go out in the mornings on that glass. But I think I will stick to the evenings.