PDA

View Full Version : Land Start

scschubert
12-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Before I take my boat to the ramp, I want to start it in the driveway to make sure all is good. I have a 2005 21V and was wondering where I need to hook up the hose to get water to the engine. I looked on you tube for a step by step video but couldn't find anything. Does anybody have any suggestions?

biggsie
12-12-2013, 02:04 AM
You should look into purchasing a "fake a lake". It looks like a plunger and gets propped between the driveway and the intake on the bottom of the hull. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/12/amehu2ud.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

villain
12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Make sure u put it on the engine water intake and not a ballast intake. The one for the engine will be more like a scoop.

Wylietunes
12-12-2013, 05:04 PM
If the raw water hose is easily accessible at the thru-hull end, you can pull it off, stick the garden hose in and pack it with a rag. Turn the water on and fire up the engine. Some take it a step further and make a fitting that threads on the end of the garden hose and then has a slip-fit type fitting that goes into the raw water hose and gets clamped in. In this setup is a shutoff. This way the water source is on when you climb up into the boat, so you just need to open the valve and start the engine.

scschubert
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
This is a picture of the bottom of my boat. Which intake should I hook the fake a wake suction to?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

kevkev
12-13-2013, 10:36 AM
This is a picture of the bottom of my boat. Which intake should I hook the fake a wake suction to?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You need to look from the top and see which side comes up with the hose and goes into your v-drive to make sure. But if your boat is like mine it's the one on the left in the picture by the speedo wheel. They sell an in-line hookup for a garden hose that you would install between the thru-hull and the v-drive to make it easy to connect a garden hose to, it has a check valve in it so you don't send water out the bottom of the boat when you are running it on land.