PDA

View Full Version : 05 21V Carpet Replacement

Clutch
12-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm new to Supra boat forum. I have recently purchased a 05 Launch 21V. The carpet is in need of being replaced. I took the boat to my local carpet installation place and had them look at the boat to replace the carpet. He looked at the construction of the boat, very well built, but it makes for a time consuming project. Can any one tell me how this should be done? The carpet needs to go under the seat bases. This would require the boat to be nearly dismantled. How many hours should this take and what are my options?

beat taco
12-19-2013, 04:58 PM
The carpet will slide under the bases. If it's constructed like mine there are aluminum L brackets securing the bases to the floor. With those removed the bases are easier to manipulate. Some use shims to get room between the floor and bases to get the carpet in place. I found the shims useful in holding the carpet off the floor while letting the contact cement tack up in areas it is impossible to roll the carpet back for gluing.

Clutch
12-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Yes This does have the L brackets. How much do you think I can lift it up, 1"? I pulled off 2 brackets and could only lift it about 1/4". I see it has more hardware towards the rear to maybe gain a little more lift. I was thinking about cutting the carpet about one inch wider then the bases and having a seem under the seat bases. I'm concerned of not having it lay flat under the seats?

beat taco
12-20-2013, 06:02 PM
You won't get an inch but you can get enough to get the carpet under. I did one piece down each side after I took the center panels out and put the under the front bow cushion and under the port locker wall. I started gluing in the middle and worked my way forward and back